where to transfer videos to gnexus?

bhawks

Reaction score
Hey guys i just got done transferring all my old pictures to my new galaxy nexus using airdroid. Now I am trying to transfer all of my videos and have them show up in their own folder in the gallery but it is not working. What folder are you guys using to hold all your videos and movies? I tried to make my own folder in the gallery and even put them in the camera roll but they still dont show up. What gives?

wcjeep

Reaction score
"Movies" folder. I don't recall if I created the folder.

OP
B

bhawks

Reaction score
Thanks for the response wcjeep. Yea i just put all my videos into the movie folder and it didnt really work how i wanted. I think the problem i am running into is my video formats. Some are .mov files and some are .avi files. Only the .avi videos show up in the gallery but they dont play it says "sorry this video cannot be played." I have mx video player and it shows and plays the .avi files fine, but doesnt show the .mov ones. Right now i put an astro widget shortcut to the movies folder on the homescreen and it plays all of them fine. I know i am being picky but does anyone know how i can get everything to show up and work in the gallery? Thanks

pool_shark

Reaction score
I have my movies in a movies directory that I created. They were in avi format. Once I saw the nexus couldn't play them I coverted them to mp4.

OP
B

bhawks

Reaction score
I have my movies in a movies directory that I created. They were in avi format. Once I saw the nexus couldn't play them I coverted them to mp4.

pool_shark, may I ask what program you use to convert your movies? Also did you have to create your own movies directory or can you just use the one thats already there?

wcjeep

Reaction score
everything I use is mp4. Makes it easier to share with iphone people.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the fast reply! I'll test that out after I test out this "Leawo" converter I just downloaded.