MTP transfer = All 'SDCard' contents missing! HELP!

CoFoltman84

Reaction score
So i was transfering pictures/videos from my GNex LTE to my pc using MTP. When i was done, all of my files were gone. the only things that show up on my 'sdcard' are folders for app data...no pictures, no music, no videos, none of my clockworkmod backups, nothing. I've done MTP transferring before, but never had this horrible catastrophy happen. I have been googling and searching the forums, but couldn't find any sort of help with this. PLEASE HELP! :crying:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
good thing (hopefully) is you have that info on your computer right. If so plu in your nexus to your computer, check usb debugging, do not to mtp transfer, and just transfer or copy that info back.

OP
CoFoltman84

CoFoltman84

Reaction score
yea...no i dont have the files backed up on the computer. i was just taking the videos off and putting some music on. and then after i disconnected i went in to listen to music, and nothing was there. i then checked the gallery, nothing was there except picasa and g+. checked contents of sdcard with root explorer and there was nothing except folders created by the apps i have installed. and pics/vids/music, gone. It almost makes me regret choosing this over the razr...almost.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Trust me i know your pain was running jb yesterday when i had it not boot and nothing fixed but flashing factory images which wiped my phone. If u used g music alot of your music may be in the cloud. G+ backs up pictures in cloud. If your computer formatted your sd card info may be gone. If u checked usb debugging and looked in your phone sd card and nothing is there then data is gone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2