Transfer rate

shanimal92

Reaction score
I have a Mac so I have to use a special program to transfer files between my computer and my phone. Why is MTP(?) So slow? It takes me forever to transfer my music to my device. I know I have about 8gigs of msuic, but I don't remember it taking this long on my og droid with the SD card mounting. Is this just a bug with the program I am using or is this the limitation with the Galaxy Nexus transfer rate? Also, for people using Windows, do you guys experience so rates also?
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
My transfer rates are pretty fast compared to my past devices (OG Droid and Incredible). Must be a Mac thing:p

nbucko

Reaction score
It's really slow for me as well. I had better luck using a usb 2 port on the back of my computer than the ones on the front that are only usb 1.1.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Creed

Reaction score
I have a Mac and a Windows/Linux and the file transfer rates are identical - but OP, are you using Android File Transfer? I don't know what MTP software you are using (media transfer protocol?) but Android File Transfer is made by Google and works fantastically.

Check it out: Android.com

The only downside is that there is a 4g file transfer max.

OP
S

shanimal92

Reaction score
I have a Mac and a Windows/Linux and the file transfer rates are identical - but OP, are you using Android File Transfer? I don't know what MTP software you are using (media transfer protocol?) but Android File Transfer is made by Google and works fantastically.

Check it out: Android.com

The only downside is that there is a 4g file transfer max.

That's what in using. I'll just try and reinstall it when I get home.

OP
S

shanimal92

Reaction score
Didn't know that was a option. Is it faster with a thunderbolt converter? I know Thunderbolt ports are insanely fast but I didn't think the phone could handle the speed.

Creed

Reaction score
If you have one laying around, you can try it, but I was actually warning against it as for me it actually made the transfers slower rather than what you would expect.