Touch Screen not Responsive when plugged in

paulzdroidx

Reaction score
I have the same problem with the charger that came with the phone! NOT AFTERMARKET! it is THE motorola charger that came with my droid x. I don't notice the problem so much just with opening things and menu navigation, but definitely texting. It is so bad with text input that i have to unplug my phone to type a message, then plug it back in, otherwise i end up with all kinds of missing letters and my texts look like gibberish... i HATE it. Sorry to burst the aftermarket charger theory. Also, sorry i dont have helpful information, but at least you know i feel your pain :)

I don't think you read his post properly. Read it carefully again. He (or his friend) was also using the original charger, like you. The aftermarket charger he was referring to was an iphone charger NEXT to it.

Lol thanks for the concern, but I just did look at the original post, and I could be wrong here, but it sure seems that the OP doesnt mention ipod chargers at all. anyway its hardly important. Actually, no you're totally right im wrong gosh silly me! Peace bro!

paulzdroidx

Reaction score
I have the same problem with the charger that came with the phone! NOT AFTERMARKET! it is THE motorola charger that came with my droid x. I don't notice the problem so much just with opening things and menu navigation, but definitely texting. It is so bad with text input that i have to unplug my phone to type a message, then plug it back in, otherwise i end up with all kinds of missing letters and my texts look like gibberish... i HATE it. Sorry to burst the aftermarket charger theory. Also, sorry i dont have helpful information, but at least you know i feel your pain :)

I don't think you read his post properly. Read it carefully again. He (or his friend) was also using the original charger, like you. The aftermarket charger he was referring to was an iphone charger NEXT to it.

U have to go to "page 1 of 2" and read the first post instead of skimming thru and jumping to conclusions trying to correct random people, carefully read it again lol!

Lithoss

Reaction score
What I was trying to get across is that these phones have so little filtering/isolation for the usb inputs that any kind of interference can latch on to a good charger from a noisy charger or really any emi source nearby and cause issues. So, in addition to checking your charger, check what's in the near vacinity. Try a different location, etc

I didn't say I had the solution for everyone, just for some maybe to keep in mind. It worked for my friend so I thought i'd share. Good luck

Last edited:

duck001

Reaction score
i had one of those i bought from wally world its just the bad charger. get another one and good to go:D

x888x

Reaction score
sooo i had this same problem with my Droid starting about a month ago. until the touchscreen decided to make a 3am phonecall by itself (and try to avigate 1000 miles awa). Only problem is once I unplugged it I am still having this problem. How do I get rid of it

Arthur_G

Reaction score
FWIW, I have the same issue on an iPod touch 3rd gen which is why I googled my way here. It charges fine on an original Apple iPhone charger but on the cheapo chargers I got from dealextreme the touchscreen freaks out, or I get the message "Charging not supported on this accessory", or it charges, all depending on the time of day and the particular wall socket or power strip I try.