Droid 1 acting quirky plugged up, please help!

Kias

Reaction score
But if that block you bought works, let me know!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
dclmac

dclmac

Reaction score
Oops, looks like I was too quick to buy one, oh well, only $5.50 (the price of a good droid app). I think we were posting at the same time lol... well hope I can find a solution. You don't suppose it might be a defective LCD screen or digitizer, do you?

It wouldn't be the lcd... might be the touchscreen, but I just got used to it. I normally plug it in at night to charge while I'm sleeping. If I need to use it while it's charging, I just unplug it...

But if that block you bought works, let me know!

The touch screen digitizer or whatever it's called? If that's the case, I might be in luck... seen those on eBay for about $21 as opposed to the LCD screen which is at least double that. I'll let ya' know if the block works though. Only reason why I was thinking it might not be the screen is because it only does it when it's plugged in, but it might be because it's getting too much voltage to the screen when it's plugged up.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If it's rooted and overclocked try a different kernel, if it's stock Items would also question the charging block but it seems you have been over that already....
I'm currently using ChevyNo1's ULV 1.1ghz kernel, but this is the 2nd kernel I've tried... do you think the problem is too much voltage? Not enough? or maybe too fast? or too slow?
Kernels can effect all different areas of your device, especially when plugged in...I would try some more voltages by some different kernel makers just to eliminate it as the issue

OP
dclmac

dclmac

Reaction score
I started with a medium kernel, but now I'm using ChevyNo1 ULV, so you think I might not be getting enough voltage maybe?

Kias

Reaction score
I ran the V6 turbocharger script on my phone yesterday. Not only did it do what it said, I'm sitting here swyping this message while plugged into the wall without any jitters at all! Simply amazing!

OP
dclmac

dclmac

Reaction score
Sorry for the late response, but it turns out I'm a knucklehead. It wasn't the cable, but the plug itself that was the problem. I was using an aftermarket plug that wasn't sending the correct amount of voltage or whatever to the phone while it was plugged in. Thanks guys!