Too many apps?

sj24

Reaction score
Is it bad to have too many apps? I have 106 including the stock ones. I know that some apps do not play well with others but it seems that my phone isn't as smooth as it used to be. Wondering if I should get rid of some that I don't use, or some that are similar to others, example, I have Sportstap, scoremobile and espn scorecenter for sport score updates, should I get rid of 2?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Any app you have the uses updates, pulling from a server, is going to use resources on your device....

I would personally, eliminate redundant apps. But it's your call :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is it bad to have too many apps? I have 106 including the stock ones. I know that some apps do not play well with others but it seems that my phone isn't as smooth as it used to be. Wondering if I should get rid of some that I don't use, or some that are similar to others, example, I have Sportstap, scoremobile and espn scorecenter for sport score updates, should I get rid of 2?

If your phone is working well and you have 106 apps what's to complain about. I wouldn't worry. If you do have an issue it will be memory and you'll get an alert about that. Then you may look at getting rid of an app.

Of course if you're running Froyo you can easily move apps to your SD card with a few simple commands in terminal. That would leave more room for the internal memory.

Just giving you something to think about. ;)

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

If your phone is working well and you have 106 apps what's to complain about. I wouldn't worry. If you do have an issue it will be memory and you'll get an alert about that. Then you may look at getting rid of an app.

Of course if you're running Froyo you can easily move apps to your SD card with a few simple commands in terminal. That would leave more room for the internal memory.

Just giving you something to think about. ;)

Hook is correct, but with qualifications. The post before his points out that apps that sync on a regular basis will impact both performance and battery life. And since multiple apps don't share sync results it's good practice to delete redundant applications.

plongson

Reaction score
When you have a lot load of apps, is there an easy way to search for ones that sync?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
When you have a lot load of apps, is there an easy way to search for ones that sync?
Anything with a news feed, scores, weather updates. Anything pushing live, or up-to-date information.

No easy way to "search" that I know of, but as Martin says, anything that keeps you "up to date" whether with the world or with your messages, facebook status, etc. may be synching.

However, one can often turn that feature off. For example, I set my newsfeed app "never" to update. When I actually use it, I simply hit "refresh" and I get the latest news in a matter of seconds. Same practice with a number of other apps.