To the camera haters....

socalsurfer

Reaction score
The pictures are all of stationary objects. Try taking a picture of your kid's play during a flag football game- the camera lag makes it impossible to get a shot! The quality of the picturews is acceptable, it's the 2 second shutter lag that makes it worthless.

indee2025

Reaction score
I must of got a weird Bionic. My pictures turn out like this:

DisneylandOctober2011Day287.jpg

How's life under the bridge?

billyk

Reaction score
The pictures are all of stationary objects. Try taking a picture of your kid's play during a flag football game- the camera lag makes it impossible to get a shot! The quality of the picturews is acceptable, it's the 2 second shutter lag that makes it worthless.

I have. Try Camera Zoom Fx. Excellent results for sports pix.

When shooting stills, give HDR Camera+ a try. Simply amazing!

Last edited:

kamisan

Reaction score
Using
camera 360 (really like it decent effects that you can change after the shot as well)
camera FX decent shots, pretty quick focus mode.
pro hdr (if you know what your doing and tweak it, takes superb shots, but you can adjust saturation, exposure, etc, really detailed great for night shots)

All paid versions, but all alot better than the stock app.
Recent updates to the roms I have been running have resulted in better cameras but the latency for focus is crazy slow on fast paced photography.
Again it is a phone, but at $300 (unless you did best buy at $199) it should have been more polished.

billyk

Reaction score
When the Bionic update comes along I'll probably go back to living with the stock app for a while to see what they've fixed. With that as a baseline, I'll add Camera Zoom Fx if needed. For me, fewer apps is better. The HDR app is a must regardless, as it provides a unique, and amazing function.

ripper2860

Reaction score
I have to agree with lackluster the low-light capabilities of the Moto camera. But then again, it's a phone that happens to include a camera, not a camera that happens to include a phone. When they start marketing it as a Camera 1st -- then I'll *****, but it's really not that bad for the occasional shot in optimal conditions.