Camera Comparison/Tips/Complaints

GadgetRick

Reaction score
Now, time how long it takes for the Droid to actually take the picture vs. the Canon (flash or no flash)...

I don't really need to do that. From "I want to take a picture" to "picture taken and checked" is much faster on the Canon

Then there is something (absolutely) wrong with your Canon. The pics you're getting are horrible (from the Canon) and should be much better. It should also be much faster (flash or no flash) than the Droid. Canon makes some of the fastest autofocus/autoflash point and shoot cameras on the market. They also make some of the best (from a picture quality standpoint) on the market. Not sure what's wrong with it but there is something wrong with it.

MissEvoIXMR

Reaction score
My pics tend to be blurry as well I might have to take a few and post them up.... mine might gave some issues besides taking like 5 mins to actually snap a pic!

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
Bottom line Droid pics are blurry and grainy indoors buy an elph.

I don't completely agree with that. It depends on the lighting. When I take photos in my office at work they are just as good as outside photos during the day. At home, where it's a bit darker, yeah, the photos are pretty bad...but then, so are outdoor pictures when it starts to get dark.

OP
H
Reaction score
Now, time how long it takes for the Droid to actually take the picture vs. the Canon (flash or no flash)...

I don't really need to do that. From "I want to take a picture" to "picture taken and checked" is much faster on the Canon

Then there is something (absolutely) wrong with your Canon. The pics you're getting are horrible (from the Canon) and should be much better. It should also be much faster (flash or no flash) than the Droid. Canon makes some of the fastest autofocus/autoflash point and shoot cameras on the market. They also make some of the best (from a picture quality standpoint) on the market. Not sure what's wrong with it but there is something wrong with it.

So I'm guessing you didn't actually read my answer :)

Reaction score

I don't completely agree with that. It depends on the lighting. When I take photos in my office at work they are just as good as outside photos during the day. At home, where it's a bit darker, yeah, the photos are pretty bad...but then, so are outdoor pictures when it starts to get dark.
Fair point....but.....

I would bet you will be in place more often then not that have lower light i.e home etc..

However i have given up on the camera to get me great shots but......
I also dont care anymore the pros are so many compared to the cons.
Droid is amazing!!

MNTNBKR

Reaction score

Fair point....but.....

I would bet you will be in place more often then not that have lower light i.e home etc..

However i have given up on the camera to get me great shots but......
I also dont care anymore the pros are so many compared to the cons.
Droid is amazing!!

Now that, I agree with... I bring my Canon XTi when I expect to be needing it, but I won't hesitate to break out the Droid if my 1 year old decides it's time for a kodak moment.:icon_ banana:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm going to Fenway on the 8th to watch the BC vs BU hockey game... at 7pm, under the lights. I really hope my Droid camera can handle it, as I will be taking a snot load of pictures :icon_ banana:

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm going to Fenway on the 8th to watch the BC vs BU hockey game... at 7pm, under the lights. I really hope my Droid camera can handle it, as I will be taking a snot load of pictures :icon_ banana:
i've posted these pics before, but they're relevant. for sporting events, be sure to use the action setting. it's TOTALLY possible to catch spur of the moment action if you know what you're doing. i've spent the last few years FIGHTING with my Panasonic DMC-TZ3 because of its nack for shooting in high ISO and grainy pics and slow reaction.

DROID:
2009-11-13220030.jpg

2009-11-13222458.jpg

If you choose the right settings and only move the camera AFTER either the flash is finished, the image reappears or you count to 5 after the click, you'll get great results. These pics were taken in low light, through a window:

DROID:
2009-11-27171230.jpg

DSLR:
DSC_6296.jpg

Indoor lighting is fine for the DROID as long as you're not expecting miracles. I wouldn't trust ANY P&S compared to what a DSLR is capable of. For outdoor, everyday pictures, the DROID is as good as any P&S I've ever been subjected to.

DROID:
MonDec14142357AmericaNew_York2009.jpg