Is the Droid X camera really this bad?

soba1

Reaction score
hahaha, thats what ive been saying all along! the iphone has a superior camera. period. end of story. accept it.

Thats why I have a Nikon D90.....
For on the fly quick photos hey work with what you have yes the iphone
has the better camera. So when we get out our new devices playing with the camera settings gives us something to do to see if we can come close
to the iphones.
Knowing my anal self that is just what I will be doing....:icon_ banana:
nikon shooter woot! i have the same thing :D

Now thats what I'm talkin bout baby :happy:

canaddar

Reaction score
I am not a 'fan boy' for any phone. My ability to compare is not scientific....

I will say with absolute certainty that my blackberry storm 1 took better pictures. The pictures are sharper. I can transfer them onto my computer and put them on a 23" monitor and zoom in. They look great. Do the same thing on my X photos and they are all grainy looking. (3.2 mega pixel camera on storm)

I have also comparred my photos against a friends Iphone 4 pics. They are not even close. His photos are way better. The colors are sharper, there is no grainy look to them, and he can zoom way in on his photos without having it pixilate. Incredible difference.

I do like the Droid X phone. But I sure hope that there is a software fix for the camera (I don't want to have to buy a droid x '2' to get a good camera).

RayR

Reaction score
The shutter lags waaay to much. The Steady Shot isn't. The focus is fair at best and slow. And I can't find a shutter delay to save my life. Other than that, it's perfect.

skull_queen1522

Reaction score
My phone take amazing picture better ththe I phone I have a Samsung fascinate great phone all aroundbut if ur baseing it of it photo taking this phone is the way to go a galaxy s

beer is my friend

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Problem is not with the camera but a person behind it.

Sent from my DROIDX

coachpeterson

Reaction score
Hey, that's my photo!

Thanks for noticing my photo I took with the Droid X. You can give somebody a $5,000 and it will not make them a photographer...you kind of need to know what you are doing before you can take great shots with ANY camera. I do a LOT of photography and shots with my Droid X just go along with that....

Thanks again for posting a link to my image.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
My camera takes sharp pictures. I know everyone has different issues with their Droid. But camera isn't one for me.

c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk

nmoira

Reaction score
Mine takes perfectly acceptable outdoor pics, especially in sunlight. Indoor pics with good lighting are mediocre, but passable for, say, Facebook. Anything requiring a flash... forget it. I've played around with settings, but it's easier to bring my camera. Movies are OK.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

bedojo

Reaction score
tsk tsk

the droid x can take great photos, the photographer is who makes it good or bad.

I can give my t2i + tammy 17-50, (wouldn't let them use my 5d2, or L glass lol) to a person who doesn't know how to take photos and they would produce crap.

also posting straight jpegs from camera phones depends on how the camera software processes the photo in phone, not the camera its self. look at the 53 ford up there, good picture, different program then stock moto.