To the camera haters....

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The camera did suck initially, shutter spped and auto focus was pathetic...however with the leaked updates the camera has been faster and doesn't constantly auto focus any longer, and I expect that to get better...as for any grain in darker ambients, have you ever seen Blurays that show that grain in darker lit movie scenes?? You want altered cartoon effects?? then use a photo editting software...

mswierse

Reaction score
Haha, I just laughed me a$$ off at someone today because he got a 4s and he thought it was cool because he had a flash... wow, three years late, that's great!

And to top it off, his battery life is so bad, he has to charge it all day basically. He has learn how to kill apps, which I thought you didn't have to do with iPhones lol

indee2025

Reaction score
Great "Outside" pics... Lets see you say the same thing and post inside pics.

+1 to this as the camera is at it's worse in doors...iphone 4, Droid 1 Droid X all took excellent pics inside outside didn't matter the only problem I had taking pics with any of the above was in pitch dark with the OG Droid wasn't very good...between the sad app replacements and motorola lacking initiative on a fix I'm just gonna accept the camera is bogus but I'd still give this a 11 out of 10 because the rest of the device is that good.

Reaction score
Your pictures may be great. A bunch of ours aren't. We are not idiots and know how to take pictures... In different lighting situations. The original camera app sucks. Plain and simple. I'm not wishing for a "God like" creation from the camera department of this phone but it is absolutely horrid to me. Pictures with the stock app looked blurry when autofocus wanted to work. And if I wanted kids or animals to look good in my pictures.. i'd have to give them a valium just to sit there until it auto focused and then snapped the picture..lol.

A lot of complaints are about the software.. not the hardware. The hardware is just fine. But to sit there and wait 15 seconds to snap a single picture of me and my gf... no can do. She grabbed her iphone 4 and just snapped away.. .and unfortunately.. it looked better then all of mine... all 3 pictures in a matter of 5 minutes to due to the camera app not wanting to snap a picture..haha.

I am using a different app and went to take low light pictures of a marlin a friend caught and brought back in the evening. The fish looked absolutely stunning in the pics... and it was snapped quickly and in extremely low light. Now if I used the stock app... which I never will again... it would look like the fish had dark spots all over it... almost like polka dots in the dark regions.

That's my opinion of the stock camera app.

indee2025

Reaction score
The camera did suck initially, shutter spped and auto focus was pathetic...however with the leaked updates the camera has been faster and doesn't constantly auto focus any longer, and I expect that to get better...as for any grain in darker ambients, have you ever seen Blurays that show that grain in darker lit movie scenes?? You want altered cartoon effects?? then use a photo editting software...

eh....nope, now that you mention it I've never seen grains in the dark portions of the screen while watching a blu-ray....sounds like ya need a new tv...

crashmw

Reaction score
What app is that? I really want to know.
I hear about or read about camera zoom FX, but am hesitant to pay for something that will not really help.

Mike

I am using a different app and went to take low light pictures of a marlin a friend caught and brought back in the evening. The fish looked absolutely stunning in the pics... and it was snapped quickly and in extremely low light. Now if I used the stock app... which I never will again... it would look like the fish had dark spots all over it... almost like polka dots in the dark regions.

That's my opinion of the stock camera app.

Reaction score
What app is that? I really want to know.
I hear about or read about camera zoom FX, but am hesitant to pay for something that will not really help.

Mike
It was Camera Zoom FX. It is not the ultimate camera app for the Bionic. But it is heaps and bounds above the pre leaked ota stock camera app. At $5.99 it is pricey. But it is an app that should have come stock. Dev did good work.. and deserves my money.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just to add another data point: The dev that produced the rom I'm currently using released a patch today for us and it is the RAZR camera. I installed it and it is operating great on my Bionic!! Focus is crisp, quick and sharp. From push of button to shutter has never been faster. In fact, I've personally never operated a phone camera that was this quick. I'm very pleased. I've not read any RAZR reviews so I do not know how well this apk works in that phone, but it great in mine. In fact I'm going to be using it from now on instead of Camera FX (which I paid for). YMMV!! (but do remember, you are reading this on the internet, so it must be true!) :biggrin:

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
The Bionic camera is terrible IMO. Im not expecting much and Ive never bought a phone and thought about how good the camera is. The Camera on the Bionic is horrendous in anything less than bright sunlight

2011-10-21_19-17-43_210.jpg

It's not even dark in my living room and look how crappy the picture comes out.. it's all noisy and grainy. On top of the terrible quality, the auto focus lag is absolutely unacceptable. Ive actually missed shots before because the phone fails to focus in time to take the picture.

Abadus

Reaction score
I agree the camera is weak in low light. But in its defense if you want a pocket sized dslr that is 8mm thick you are out of luck. My oh never took great pics in the dark either.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

indee2025

Reaction score
I agree the camera is weak in low light. But in its defense if you want a pocket sized dslr that is 8mm thick you are out of luck. My oh never took great pics in the dark either.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

No one is asking for a pocket SLR- we're just astonished the previous Droids before the bionic had decent or good cameras & even though this one has good hardware it has the muddiest software of all of 'em.....for such a great device it's surprising the camera is just poor...

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

Mike

You can download it, take a picture and you should be able to see if it works for you within the 15 minutes. If it isn't good, then get a refund.