Tired of waiting for Nexus, Thinking Razr may be good option.

bogginblazer

Reaction score
What is soo great about the nexus? Its camera is behind the times 1.2 processor speed same as the razr. Ics is that all i mean really. Ics will be out soon enough. There all ready roms out on ics. I think the razr or the new htc are far better phones also who wants to drop Verizon for sprint? Lol i dont.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
cebosound

cebosound

Reaction score
What is soo great about the nexus? Its camera is behind the times 1.2 processor speed same as the razr. Ics is that all i mean really. Ics will be out soon enough. There all ready roms out on ics. I think the razr or the new htc are far better phones also who wants to drop Verizon for sprint? Lol i dont.

The Nexus is the new Verizon phone. Sprints has a phone called Epic Touch that is similar; its also a "GalaxyS 2" phone.

Droid X Doug

Reaction score

It comes down to the 720p display and whether you want ICS out-of-the-box. Some people are early adopters; others wait a bit. Also, the G-Nexus is presently only going to be available on VZW. If you live in an area covered by VZW's LTE network, it is faster than any other carriers fastest network.

OP
cebosound

cebosound

Reaction score
Can't go wrong with the Razr.

I have an upgrade available but I've settled on the Nexus. Happy with my Inc still, so I'm still patient....for the most part
Yeah, the Razr is a good phone. and i am kind of like you , in that I am happy with my current DX phone. does everything i need. but i think the added features and speed will defintetely be welcomed. :)... i am having a hard time pulling the trigger knowing the nexus is coming out any day now. lol

+1. But then I am biased. Another consideration - there will be other new and improved handsets in 2012. My personal approach was to get the RAZR as a transition to the 2012 handsets. If one is compelling, then I eat the ETF on the RAZR. If not, then I am staged for 2013.... Meantime, I am happy with the RAZR.
I am glad you are happy with the Razr. .... I am sure i would be happy with it too. i am very close to pulling the trigger.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score

Because megapixels aren't the end-all/be-all to a camera. Supposedly the sensor is superior to other phones, meaning the quality of the pictures is much better. I can think of very few instances when I would need more than a 5mp camera, mostly only interesting in naturescapes/city pics where it can be cool to zoom in on details of a fascade a few hundred yards away.

Also remains to be seen if the zero-shutter lag has anything to do with GNex hardware or if it's all ICS.

Otherwise, equivalent processors, the GNex has a slightly better display but the RAZR has 48gigs of storage. I give the overall edge to the Nexus mostly because of the superior camera sensor.

OP
cebosound

cebosound

Reaction score
Because megapixels aren't the end-all/be-all to a camera. Supposedly the sensor is superior to other phones, meaning the quality of the pictures is much better. I can think of very few instances when I would need more than a 5mp camera, mostly only interesting in naturescapes/city pics where it can be cool to zoom in on details of a fascade a few hundred yards away.

Also remains to be seen if the zero-shutter lag has anything to do with GNex hardware or if it's all ICS.

Otherwise, equivalent processors, the GNex has a slightly better display but the RAZR has 48gigs of storage. I give the overall edge to the Nexus mostly because of the superior camera sensor.
You bring up a good point. I wonder if ICS will be very impactful in improving shutter speed on the Razr/ Bionic.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
You bring up a good point. I wonder if ICS will be very impactful in improving shutter speed on the Razr/ Bionic.

I think some is software...And pardon my ignorance, but isn't part of shutter speed related to exposure, and the whole deal was the GNex has a larger aperture? Smaller aperture + more pixels = longer time needed to expose a picture.

OP
cebosound

cebosound

Reaction score
Well, I made a decision. I was at Best Buy today and the Bionic was at a price I couldn't refuse; $149. ... Also I liked there return policy. I can take it back with in 30days (maybe longer due to holiday return policy) and trade in the phone for any other phone and just pay the difference. ... They were "hush hush" about the Nexus at this point. THey even told me that they have had a few people almost threaten them to sell them a Nexus, assuming they had them already. .... If the nexus comes out and is that appealing, after viewing reviews, I may go back.

But, to be honest, this Bionic appears to be a great phone. I was using a Droid X , and i loved that phone. So this Bionic is everything that phone is plus much more. I have only had the bionic for a few hours, but first empressions are Super fast, more intuitive, zumo cast worked flawlessly, the camera pics seemed like better quality, .... I also was surpised that the bionic seems quite a bit lighter than my DX. I thought I read that the bionic was heavier, and i am not sure of the exact specs. but the phone definitely fits in the hand well and seems lighter. ...

anyway, i havent seen any real negatives yet. the power button seems to be in an odd place. i need to figure out if there is a different button or sequence of buttons. On my DX i used the Home button to open the phone many times, that doesn't seem to be an option here.

thanks for all the feedback. i am going to have fun playing with my new 4G phone that i got for a steal of a price. If i am not totally happy and the Nexus seems to be the one, then i may upgrade before my 30 days. .... So no rooting for me until i make that final decision.