Tired of waiting for Nexus, Thinking Razr may be good option.

cebosound

Reaction score
Is anyone else getting tired of waiting for the Nexus? ... now that some video reviews are out there, are you more excited or less?

The razor looks like a tough phone, hardware wise. And very solid all the way around. I am currently a Droid X user, So at this time I don't have anything bad to say about Motorola.

I'm just saying, that Razr price is dropping offly fast.

iKN0WaGH0ST

Reaction score
Been waiting for the nexus for months.. I've considered the Razr, but I'm definitely waiting for the nexus. I know if I get the razr, I will have regrets once the nexus comes out. It's only going to be a few more weeks.. I can wait. I'm extremely excited to see a UI with no bloatware!

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I've been waiting for a Nexus device on VZ since last year , I'm not gonna settle for a bloated sub-par device like RAZR just because they glued some useless Kevlar on it's back .

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
no...the razr is not a good option. that is all

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
If the release really is Dec 8 then you only got a week to go. I would say just wait it out then you'll be able to compare

Sent from Droid Incredible via Droidforums app

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
no...the razr is not a good option. that is all

Please elaborate on this. I finally got some hands on with a unit yesterday and have my thoughts on it just want to know why you don't recommend it. (Not trying tto start an argument just want your opinion on it)

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Please elaborate on this. I finally got some hands on with a unit yesterday and have my thoughts on it just want to know why you don't recommend it. (Not trying tto start an argument just want your opinion on it)

1. Droid 4 soon
2. camera
3. locked down
4. Ice Cream Sandwich
5. Screen resolution
6. Blur skin (personal preference...I like Pure android)
7. Patience.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm giving and and getting the Rezound today. I need the awesome video recording for this weekend.

jayb

Reaction score
I bought the Razr for the main fact im tired of being lead around for weeks waiting for this Nexus that seems to have its on set of issues. I have rooted and froze apps I dont care for and this thing rocks. It would take a quad core phone for me to get rid of it now. I dont want the cheap feeling Nexus, all sammy phones feel very cheap built and plastic like. But to each their own. The Razr will have ICS very soon. Heck at this rate it will have a port of it before this elusive Nexus device gets released. If it does get released before my 30 day exchange is up I will go give it a look and try. But it will ( like i have said before ) take a heck of a phone for me to trade my Razr off.

I am not trying to start anything either I just wanted to share my thoughts on the Razr. And as far as people and bad battery life on the Razr, well those people need to grow up and learn to use a phone. I can get a full day of very heavy use. In the last 8 days I have used 10gigs worth of data and dont need to charge it until after about 8 hours. That 8 hours is with very heavy use. If I only use it moderately can get more than 12 hours easy. For a 4g phone I think that is very good.

Like I said not trying to start anything just throwing out a lil info from my own experience. What ever you decide just make sure you try it out for a few days then make a decision.

Droid X Doug

Reaction score
Is anyone else getting tired of waiting for the Nexus? ... now that some video reviews are out there, are you more excited or less?

The razor looks like a tough phone, hardware wise. And very solid all the way around. I am currently a Droid X user, So at this time I don't have anything bad to say about Motorola.

I'm just saying, that Razr price is dropping offly fast.
If you are looking at the handset for LTE speed, the RAZR will be every bit as fast as the G-Nexus, and at a lower price. If you 'need' the larger screen real estate of the G-Nexus, then that becomes the determining factor. Personally, I needed the network speed over the screen real estate, and the RAZR had enough screen real estate to satisfy my needs. By middle of next year, the G-Nexus and RAZR will be obsolete, and we will be wanting the next best thing (quad-cores, and, and, and).

With the entry price of the RAZR dropping, it might be the better buy.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
1. Droid 4 soon
2. camera
3. locked down
4. Ice Cream Sandwich
5. Screen resolution
6. Blur skin (personal preference...I like Pure android)
7. Patience.

Gotcha.

I was extremely disappointed with the screen on the Razr. It wasn't as sharp as my Inc and the unit I was demo'ing had an off color throughout the screen, hint of green. Not a fan of Moto's skin either.

Good points:)

cp24eva

Reaction score
RAZR is not worth it. Rezound it.....just sayin. or you could wait for the phantom Nexus. If you have the patience, wait for the nexus. See what the popular thoughts of it are, then make your decision on whether or not to get a RAZR or Nexus then. But I'm telling, having been through 6 phones in 3 months....rezound it.

If HTC is not your cup o tea, cool. If you are open to that idea of trying a different phone from the Moto or Samsung lineup....rezound it. Check the RAZR forums and then check the Rezound forums. See what everyone is saying about each of them. Then you can further make your decision. For now, the Nexus is a myth of a machine. You don't truly know if it will be as beastly as they say until you use it for a week or so. So if you have the patience unlike myself, just wait on it.

If you want a thrill of a lifetime (as far as phones go) REZOUND IT! DO IT NOW!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
RAZR is not worth it. Rezound it.....just sayin. or you could wait for the phantom Nexus. If you have the patience, wait for the nexus. See what the popular thoughts of it are, then make your decision on whether or not to get a RAZR or Nexus then. But I'm telling, having been through 6 phones in 3 months....rezound it.

If HTC is not your cup o tea, cool. If you are open to that idea of trying a different phone from the Moto or Samsung lineup....rezound it. Check the RAZR forums and then check the Rezound forums. See what everyone is saying about each of them. Then you can further make your decision. For now, the Nexus is a myth of a machine. You don't truly know if it will be as beastly as they say until you use it for a week or so. So if you have the patience unlike myself, just wait on it.

If you want a thrill of a lifetime (as far as phones go) REZOUND IT! DO IT NOW!

Rezound it. Sorry you sound like an ad, but a good slogan.

I checked both Razr and Rezound yesterday and liked the Rezound far better. The UI is solid as always, the build quality is great, the screen blew the Razr's out of the water, and those red keys were attractive. The dealbreaker for me was no removable battery for Razr and the screen couldn't compare to my Inc screen, yes I'm serious. The demo unit I saw wasn't as sharp and had a green hue to it.

cp24eva

Reaction score
Rezound it. Sorry you sound like an ad, but a good slogan.

I checked both Razr and Rezound yesterday and liked the Rezound far better. The UI is solid as always, the build quality is great, the screen blew the Razr's out of the water, and those red keys were attractive. The dealbreaker for me was no removable battery for Razr and the screen couldn't compare to my Inc screen, yes I'm serious. The demo unit I saw wasn't as sharp and had a green hue to it.

So you are saying I should get paid to make an Ad? OK! Haha.
Seriously man, I played with the Rezound and the RAZR for equal amounts of time. Coming from the Bionic. I just saw more of the same from the bionic on the RAZR. Still saw that minimal screen door look. Thin is good, but Wide isn't. Some people don't have gorilla hands to use their thumb and type. Still got the occasional data drop AT THE VZW STORE. You are stuck with the battery life they give you. There is an external add on coming for the RAZR though, so don't count it out yet. The VZW rep told me this. he seemed pretty tech saavy.

After playing with both phones I came to these forums (best forums in the world at droidforums.net) and was checking out what people were saying about each. Saw a few downsides to the rezound, saw way more downsides on the forums in the RAZR section. The people on these forums can be so blatant that it is enough to convince me....i made the right choice. REZOUND IT (brought to you by carls jr.)

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Rezound is better than the razr but I played with one for a while again today and felt the same as before. Those saying it doesn't lag are either not being forthcoming or...aren't observant. Still has that laggy sense ui feel that all sense phones have. Its just not zippy. Notification bar comes down slow. .screen transitions are just not fast to me.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using DroidForums