Thunderbolt/gmail sync

Droid65

Reaction score
New to Droid from windows phone, 1000% improvement :)

I set up a new gmail acct and want to use gmail/google contacts as my main contact list.
I'm assuming I should be able to enter info into gmail/google contacts and have it sync with my people contact list on the Thunderbolt and vice versa but I can't seem to get it to work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

OP
D

Droid65

Reaction score
That was easy

After getting no help from the local Verizon store I searched/hacked around on the phone and found that when you look under menu/settings/accounts&sync you can select which accts sync.
Well they were all checked so I asssumed there was a problem. Later I found that I could click on Google, which was checked to sync and it pulls up 3 sync options: contacts,gmail and calendar. Apparently default is gmail and calendar, contacts was not checked.
Once I checked contacts, the gmail contact list will transfer to phone contacts. If you want contacts from the phone to sync with gmail/google contacts, When entering contact info on the phone you need to select Google as the contact type.

There may be other/better ways to achieve the same results but this works pretty seamlessly.