Outlook Sync

pens87

Reaction score
Looking for help with Outlook Contacts sync. Some info has crossed with others (i.e. people entered with just a phone have had addresses added and vice versa) just kind of quirky...any ideas??????????????????????????? Also calendar is checked off to sync and won't. Thanks in advance.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
What mail app are you using?

Silver Member
Reaction score
Looking for help with Outlook Contacts sync. Some info has crossed with others (i.e. people entered with just a phone have had addresses added and vice versa) just kind of quirky...any ideas??????????????????????????? Also calendar is checked off to sync and won't. Thanks in advance.
you're not providing enough info. calendar sync has to be done with a gmail account. if your gmail account doesn't have any information in your calendar, you will not have any information to sync.

google's desktop sync (see my sig) is your best option for outlook to google calendar sync. the phone takes care of the rest.

there is no (free) automatic contact sync for outlook to google (that i've seen). you have to export your contacts and import them in gmail.

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
I exported my contacts to gmail from outlook and the rest was history...nothing quirky about it.

edit: I'm not sure where what heard about addresses being added to contacts, but that can happen if you set the phone up to sync with facebook contacts. If your facebook friends have their address info published, it will automagically add that info to your contact list on your phone.

Last edited:

LloydF

Reaction score
Outlook Sync to Google

I am an outlook 2007 user and NOT using an exchange server. Outlook is my primary contact manager/email system. I have my own domain email that I currently POP3 to Outlook. Looking to do the following:

1) Need email to be received on my DROID. Is there a way to make sure that I receive email on my DROID (through gmail) without having my laptop connected to the internet (Outlook).
2) If there is, I would like to make sure that Outlook is receiving at least a copy of all emails sent/received from the DROID as well. Would I need to bcc myself on sent email in order to do that or would it automatically happen on sync up?
3) The sync must include my tasks, notes, calender, contacts, email. Note that I want to keep Outlook as my primary contact manager/email system.

Thanks!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I am an outlook 2007 user and NOT using an exchange server. Outlook is my primary contact manager/email system. I have my own domain email that I currently POP3 to Outlook. Looking to do the following:

1) Need email to be received on my DROID. Is there a way to make sure that I receive email on my DROID (through gmail) without having my laptop connected to the internet (Outlook).
2) If there is, I would like to make sure that Outlook is receiving at least a copy of all emails sent/received from the DROID as well. Would I need to bcc myself on sent email in order to do that or would it automatically happen on sync up?
3) The sync must include my tasks, notes, calender, contacts, email. Note that I want to keep Outlook as my primary contact manager/email system.

Thanks!

Can you have your domain redirect or CC to a Gmail account?

Last edited:

eke

Reaction score
there is no (free) automatic contact sync for outlook to google (that i've seen). you have to export your contacts and import them in gmail.

you're absolutely right. I bought Sync2 to sync my Outlook Calendar and Contacts with Google. Sync2 synchronizes data both ways automatically or manually (it's up to you :) ). I like that very much!

slinky

Reaction score
The Droid is a COMPLETE DISASTER when it comes to Outlook sync. There is no application that does it flawlessly, IMHO, and much will depend upon your data and what is in there. I have had numerous problems and that includes the data imported acting properly with other apps as well.

The ONLY solution on the Droid I have found is to export all your contacts into Gmail, download the calendar sync, and then find some third party application for notes. The To Do list is just not happening.

Remember that all your data is being kept on Googles servers and remains there up to a year or more after it is removed. I don't think there is any ability to just have local sync like every other device has. In this regard, the design of the Droid is solely lacking and an Outlook disaster. I still use outlook on the desktop and will for the foreseeable future.