Thunderbolt General Discussion - This is Not A Release Date Discussion

Munstir

Reaction score
Please everyone respect others so this doesn't get closed.

No guessing dates in this thread as they've asked for no more date speculation threads but I see no point in not letting us have somewhere to discuss random things about the thunderbolt without it being closed because someone has gone off topic.

So can we please let this thread be a constant open area to discuss anything about the phone ranging from our complaints to thing's we've seen and even jokes? It would help keep a lot of random threads from opening up. Also it would still keep the amount of traffic on this site for the phone going without pushing people away.

Last edited by a moderator:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No guessing dates in this thread as they've asked for no more date speculation threads but I see no point in not letting us have somewhere to discuss random things about the thunderbolt without it being closed because someone has gone off topic.

So can we please let this thread be a constant open area to discuss anything about the phone ranging from our complaints to thing's we've seen and even jokes? It would help keep a lot of random threads from opening up. Also it would still keep the amount of traffic on this site for the phone going without pushing people away.

We didn't close the previous discussion thread on when the TB will arrive because it went off topic. We closed it because people could not have a respectful conversation. So if you stay off what date it's going to be release and talk respectfully, without using language that is not family friendly then the thread can stay open. But this is your first and only warning. If any flaming starts, or any of the other items I discussed previously then we will shut this thread down immediately.

trip13

Reaction score
isn't the point of a forum to get people to post and click refresh so the number of views goes up? if not, then why are there ads all over the place? the thing had 120,000 some views. number of views and clicks = money. that's a good $1200 bucks in ads. i don't see the point in closing something just because it goes off topic. who cares?? do people just like to have power over something? a crap ton of people were looking in there.

oh yes, so i don't off topic- i hear the thunderbolt will have a 4.3 inch screen and a port so you can charge it.

OP
M

Munstir

Reaction score

We didn't close the previous discussion thread on when the TB will arrive because it went off topic. We closed it because people could not have a respectful conversation. So if you stay off what date it's going to be release and talk respectfully, without using language that is not family friendly then the thread can stay open. But this is your first and only warning. If any flaming starts, or any of the other items I discussed previously then we will shut this thread down immediately.

I didn't start this just because of the closing of that thread it's just we have many threads opening that get closed because they start as one thing then people talk about something else. I figure if we have a thread that has not set topic things wouldn't be so bad.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
isn't the point of a forum to get people to post and click refresh so the number of views goes up? if not, then why are there ads all over the place? the thing had 120,000 some views. number of views and clicks = money. that's a good $1200 bucks in ads. i don't see the point in closing something just because it goes off topic. who cares?? do people just like to have power over something? a crap ton of people were looking in there.

oh yes, so i don't off topic- i hear the thunderbolt will have a 4.3 inch screen and a port so you can charge it.

seriously. Did you read my response? I said we did not close it because it went off topic...Look at the Guidelines of Conduct on my signature. That's what we expect you to follow. And if you have any further questions, pm me. Do not discuss it on the thread.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
trip - maybe you didn't read Hooks post, the threads are being closed because of the lack of respect for one another, not for being off topic - and yes, veiws equal money, but respect is our #1 priority

Natejka7273

Reaction score
So.......... does anyone know if mobile hotspot is completely free or just for one month? Obviously, there are other programs that allow tethering but it would be nice to use an officially sanctioned app. I am not paying more per month though.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Look, you're not going to bring in the discussion of delays or arivals by talking about another phone. Just talk about the phone in general, no discussion regarding delays. Of any phones.

Reaction score
So.......... does anyone know if mobile hotspot is completely free or just for one month? Obviously, there are other programs that allow tethering but it would be nice to use an officially sanctioned app. I am not paying more per month though.

If it can be rooted you will be able to download wireless tether off the market and allow free wifi tethering on the device:) where did you get one month free? Or was that just a guess?:) lol

I saw my first dummy model today and held it in my hand...
It....it felt right:)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am so pumped for this phone. I hope they don't try to sell it for $299.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I'm still on board, still excited for it. Definitely losing interest but I'm trying to remain patient

sidsixseven

Reaction score
Here is a legitimate question, what do you feel are the best alternatives to a Thunderbolt right now?

Clearly I'm convinced that TB is soon-to-be the best phone on the market. However, we still don't know what the pricing plan will look like for the phone and there is a possibility that it might make the phone unattractive.

So, if you wanted to buy a phone TODAY -- which phone would it be and why?

The Incredible? Atrix? Evo? Inspire? Droid X? iPhone 4?

envirosciguy

Reaction score
For what it is worth. I have no idea how reliable this is:

Edited by moderator

Natejka7273

Reaction score
Look, you're not going to bring in the discussion of delays or arivals by talking about another phone. Just talk about the phone in general, no discussion regarding delays. Of any phones.

OK, I get it. Sorry, i'm not trying to make your life difficult.

If it can be rooted you will be able to download wireless tether off the market and allow free wifi tethering on the device:) where did you get one month free? Or was that just a guess?:) lol

I saw my first dummy model today and held it in my hand...
It....it felt right:)

Nice. I want this phone really badly. I got the free tethering / one month only from RUMOR: HTC Thunderbolt Comes With Free 4G Hot Spot Feature [UPDATED] | Android Phone Fans. I know there are other easy options that allow free tethering but I would feel better knowing that Verizon couldn't figure out I was tethering a lot and charge huge overage fees/cancel my contract.

Arachnidus

Reaction score
Second Post now and I said I would close it after 1.

Guys I'm doing everything I can to allow you to have something open for general discussion but no discussions on when the darn phone is going to get here. Don't make me close the thread.

-hook