Throttle hack questions

HayWire

Reaction score
I think I'm going to need the throttle hack, last night at my girlfriends house I tethered just long enoughto check a few concert sites was around 9 MB..according to wireless tether. I have to use my PC to install it correct?is it like a rom and ill lose all my stuff or is it more of an add on? ANY danger of putting my phone in a bootloop from it?

3) Run DXCthrottleMod.bat-- would this be the batch file in that folder? I plug my phone in click that and let it do its thing?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Last edited:
OP
H

HayWire

Reaction score
Anyone? Really having a hard time getting this to run.

dirtyfingers

Reaction score
You will not have to worry about your data being "throttled" unless you use over 5gb of data in a billing cycle. Unless you are using your wireless tether for all your internet browsing you will more than likely be nowhere near that number therefore this throttle hack will do absolutely nothing for you. I have used it in the past just to see what it was about and did not use a computer, you just flash it with clockwork like you would any zip file. I no longer use it since I'm nowhere near 5gb a month and I am on my phone a lot.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

d3vilfish

Reaction score
Btw if you are on Verizon the throttle hack is worthless. Version does it server side.

running darkslide 4.2

d3vilfish

Reaction score
Was the speed test done same place same time relatively same amount of data usage. Bottom line is how is a phone side hack going to stop a server side throttle.

running darkslide 4.2

OP
H

HayWire

Reaction score
Won't repeated sessions of 9mb of.tethering or more bump me over that limit? I don't tether often but when I do it always seems to download alot..

d3vilfish

Reaction score
Not sure what limit Verizon is at but Verizon does there throttle server side. Unless your hacking the server the hack has no effect. I can guarantee the throttle hack out there is phone side not server side.

running darkslide 4.2

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't all throttling take place server side regardless of carrier?

d3vilfish

Reaction score
Im not sure how accurate it was but I saw somewhereo that tmobile was phone side but if you were a phone company. And you were worried about bandwidth cost would you regulate on the phone witch could be hacked. Or would you regulate on your server ie alot harder to hack. And if it was hacked alot easier to fix

running darkslide 4.2

d3vilfish

Reaction score
Bottom line is Verizon is server side. No phone side hack would beat server side unless the server thought you were a different phone.

running darkslide 4.2

OP
H

HayWire

Reaction score
So I shouldn't bother trying to put it on then?

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Im not sure how accurate it was but I saw somewhereo that tmobile was phone side

Oh. I'd figure throttling that way wouldn't be throttling at all to the carrier because the data would already be there but the phone just wouldn't accept it yet.

dirtyfingers

Reaction score
So I shouldn't bother trying to put it on then?

Personally, I would not but it is your phone and your choice for anything that gets put on it. From what it sounds like I don't think you will be anywhere near the top 5% of data users. But again your choice

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
H

HayWire

Reaction score
I'm just not sure at what point my account will be flagged. I haven't done it often, never music of movies only a few websites I didnt want to try and navigate on the x (Ticketmaster)