DX slower than D1 on wireless tether?? Why?

racingelting

Reaction score
I have Read countless threads on the data throttling with no real conclusion so I did my own test thru my laptop on speakeasy.net. I am not sure if this was the right way or not but I figured it was real world with how I use it everyday.
I did 3-5 tests with each device for consistency. (3 different phones) all test done within a 10 minute time frame.

DX Darkslide Rom stock throttle .7-1.2 mps
D1 Sourcery Rom Stock throttle .9-1.3 mps
D1 Chevy No.1 4.96 with throttle hack 1.2-2.0 mps
Same DX with the throttle hack in the 4.2 thread .9-1.5 mps

Oh yaa my verizon cell phone card .5-.9 mps.

Now the reason I did this, is when I first used my D1 as a wireless tether to see how it worked I noticed it seemed faster than my cell card........ Then today I grabbed our "house phone D1" and thought I would try Chevy No.1 4.96 Rom since I was bored, and I noticed he had a throttle hack included so I wireless tethered again and it seemed faster, I then signed into speakeasy.net and started the testing.

This leads me to th question between the D1 and the DX.
Why would the D1 be faster consistently in these tests???
Same laptop 2 different D1's throttle no throttle it doesn't seem to matter the D1 is quicker. The unthrottled D1 is a release day phone the throttled D1 is mid year and the DX is a release day phone. Any Opinions, questions, or requests for more testing differently are welcome.

Thanks, Jamie

9wire

Reaction score
Where do you get the hack for darkslide? I'm convinced it worked on my D1.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

luigi90210

Reaction score
I have Read countless threads on the data throttling with no real conclusion so I did my own test thru my laptop on speakeasy.net. I am not sure if this was the right way or not but I figured it was real world with how I use it everyday.
I did 3-5 tests with each device for consistency. (3 different phones) all test done within a 10 minute time frame.

DX Darkslide Rom stock throttle .7-1.2 mps
D1 Sourcery Rom Stock throttle .9-1.3 mps
D1 Chevy No.1 4.96 with throttle hack 1.2-2.0 mps
Same DX with the throttle hack in the 4.2 thread .9-1.5 mps

Oh yaa my verizon cell phone card .5-.9 mps.

Now the reason I did this, is when I first used my D1 as a wireless tether to see how it worked I noticed it seemed faster than my cell card........ Then today I grabbed our "house phone D1" and thought I would try Chevy No.1 4.96 Rom since I was bored, and I noticed he had a throttle hack included so I wireless tethered again and it seemed faster, I then signed into speakeasy.net and started the testing.

This leads me to th question between the D1 and the DX.
Why would the D1 be faster consistently in these tests???
Same laptop 2 different D1's throttle no throttle it doesn't seem to matter the D1 is quicker. The unthrottled D1 is a release day phone the throttled D1 is mid year and the DX is a release day phone. Any Opinions, questions, or requests for more testing differently are welcome.

Thanks, Jamie
are you using wireless tether for rooted users or the 3g mobile hotspot hack with the nvram hack?
in my experiences the wireless tether for rooted users app isnt the best tethering app on the droid x so id give the 3g mobile hotspot app a try

OP
R

racingelting

Reaction score
Throttle is from My Droid World. In the 4.2 Darkslide thread around page 16 I think. I will try the 3g hack tonight and see how that works. Thanks for the replies.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Where can I get the 3g hotspot app? Running ApeX 1.3.1 and I didn't see it when I looked through the apps he removed. Also, is it free since I'm rooted?

towelyey

Reaction score
**** happens. I administer a company with dozens of smart phones and wireless cards. Some have great speeds 2mb+ and some fall of their face. Rom's dont matter in my opinion. I've had numerous droids (dozens of roms) and always get 1.5+.