Bionic Data Throttle Hack

americanz

Reaction score
@Americanz: Who are you with, I think it has to be Verizon? I'm in Phoenix with Verizon, on 3G I get over 2mb down and 800kb+ up. On 4G I get 15-20mb down and ~5mb up...
Could just be the location, have you tried it in other cities or areas?

Kbps and kb/s are the same "Kilobytes per second". And 1000Kb = 1Mb

Sent from my XT875 using DroidForums

Im in Nebraska. And Verizon. A guy I work with has a bionic also his speeds are comparable we are both on 902

Azbionic

Reaction score

Im in Nebraska. And Verizon. A guy I work with has a bionic also his speeds are comparable we are both on 902

Sounds like an area/coverage issue. Do you have anyone else you know on Verizon w/ a different phone that you can compare?

americanz

Reaction score
Yeah im wifi I'm getting 20mps. So its definitely the network....ugh

Jumpie

Reaction score
I'm sure it has already been done but I wasn't able to find it posted on any forums. So...i'm going to post how to remove the bandwidth throttle on the bionic. I hit 6gb's last month and my download speeds went from almost 200kbs to around 3kbs. First time I've had it happen since I got the bionic but regardless it's annoying. After removing the throttle it instantly jumped right back up. Here goes:

1. download 'root file explorer'
2.locate the folder 'data' then inside, the 'system' folder
3.Inside the system folder, locate the 'throttle' folder
4.Long press the 'throttle' folder and hit permissions
5.Make sure 'read' and 'execute' boxes are checked in the 'owner' row
6.Once your done, click inside the 'throttle' folder and delete both files labeled 'temp' and '1226839461'
7.Reboot and enjoy your throttle free bionic

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Unreal! I did this and the SQLite database hack and my signal in home has gotten better. Plus, I am now getting 2 bars instead of one. This is an awesome find!

jecki

Reaction score
TY

This completely worked for me. On one bar of 4G in my home, I barely would get 2.5Mbps download and 1.5Mbps up. Now, I am getting around 9Mbps down. When I have a better signal, I'm averaging 20Mbps down.

I think this just goes to show that VZW does limit download speeds.

TY since using sqllite I was trapped on 3g and now I'm on 4g with 15mbs down and 7mbs up. Awesome idea!

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Be jelly:
50k.png

Attachments

• 50k.png
    50k.png
    60 KB · Views: 553

jjbinks82

Reaction score
Ok, so I need some assist, I've done this before but now the "throttle" folder is gone. Any suggestions???

Shot from an EVER DEFIANT ROOTED BIONIC

Fonzz

Reaction score
Probably should have clarified that first off. Lol

You should edit your first post to clarify that your "hack" only applies to 3G at this time, as some members here don't realize that Verizon only throttles 3G.
This is leading to plenty of confusion as not everyone reads entire threads that they click on.

ragenrebel

Reaction score
Ok i new to this and i did what you said to do and i just went back and checked the folder and the two files that i deleted are back in there. Is that suppose to happen? I did the speed test and it did inprove fhings.

mikah

Reaction score
Not a data throttle

This is not a data throttle (data throttling happens carrier side, not client side). This file is for CPU throttling, so if you delete and lock this file you're going to have an uncapped CPU and your battery will probably die a LOT faster than normal. Just an fyi you guys..

djd616

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG Stylo 2 Straight Talk
  1. I'm sure it has already been done but I wasn't able to find it posted on any forums. So...i'm going to post how to remove the bandwidth throttle on the bionic. I hit 6gb's last month and my download speeds went from almost 200kbs to around 3kbs. First time I've had it happen since I got the bionic but regardless it's annoying. After removing the throttle it instantly jumped right back up. Here goes:
6.Once your done, click inside the 'throttle' folder and delete both files labeled 'temp' and '1226839461'

djd616

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG Stylo 2 Straight Talk
I'm sure it has already been done but I wasn't able to find it posted on any forums. So...i'm going to post how to remove the bandwidth throttle on the bionic. I hit 6gb's last month and my download speeds went from almost 200kbs to around 3kbs. First time I've had it happen since I got the bionic but regardless it's annoying. After removing the throttle it instantly jumped right back up. Here goes:

Hello,
Why won't this work on an LG Stylo 2?? I tried it and it doesn't. I can't open the data folder for some reason. Would love to be able to do this.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Hello,
Why won't this work on an LG Stylo 2?? I tried it and it doesn't. I can't open the data folder for some reason. Would love to be able to do this.
Possibly because those instructions are from 2012 and a lot has changed since then?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

djd616

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG Stylo 2 Straight Talk
Possibly because those instructions are from 2012 and a lot has changed since then?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I guess that's a possibility but I have only had the phone for a little while. I wonder if there is still a way I can do this somehow??