Bionic Data Throttle Hack

rjcapp

Reaction score
Here is my folder content. I am not being throttled.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

rjcapp

Reaction score

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1323943983075.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1323943983075.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 762

striker85

Reaction score
So what is the consensus on this issue? Is there any confirmed throttling? I'm stuck in 3g land is well and have noticed decreased speed while doing large downloads. The data system folder that is mentioned does have a temp files but the files that is only numbers has a completely different name from the 1 mentioned in the o p

OP
cthebadge38

cthebadge38

Reaction score
So what is the consensus on this issue? Is there any confirmed throttling? I'm stuck in 3g land is well and have noticed decreased speed while doing large downloads. The data system folder that is mentioned does have a temp files but the files that is only numbers has a completely different name from the 1 mentioned in the o p

Makes no difference what the numbers are I found out. My friends phone had different number too do we deleted it anyway and it worked great. I know my speed doubled after removing that folder.

striker85

Reaction score
Just deleted the folder contents and saw no change in speed 1800~1900 down and 900 up

OP
cthebadge38

cthebadge38

Reaction score
Do you have 4g or 3g and did you restart the phone after deleting the file?

striker85

Reaction score
Unfortunately I live in 3g land. I did restart the phone. I guess I am just not being throttled? what speeds are typical for 3g?

OP
cthebadge38

cthebadge38

Reaction score
Honestly, I have no idea. I noticed when I was downloading a file from btjunkie at 5kbps, when normally I average about 120kbs. As soon as I removed the folder it jumped back up again. I'm guessing your not being throttled if you didn't notice a difference

Jumpie

Reaction score
Uhh... Why not grab SQLite and go to the first SettingStorage and you will find about 5 "Throttle" lines under "Settings.db/Secure". And just edit all of their fields to "0" and then reboot? Boom. You are unthrottled.

This completely worked for me. On one bar of 4G in my home, I barely would get 2.5Mbps download and 1.5Mbps up. Now, I am getting around 9Mbps down. When I have a better signal, I'm averaging 20Mbps down.

I think this just goes to show that VZW does limit download speeds.

americanz

Reaction score
well i wanna know how you guys ar3e getting so high. i live in 3g land and before and after this hack i am only getting 200-300 kbps up and 150-200 kbps down

and whats the differance from kbps and kb/s

kkemp

Reaction score
Idk if i'm in the right place .you talking about the same place the hotspot hack is ,the check entitlement at 147 . what is the number I got to edit

from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Azbionic

Reaction score
@Americanz: Who are you with, I think it has to be Verizon? I'm in Phoenix with Verizon, on 3G I get over 2mb down and 800kb+ up. On 4G I get 15-20mb down and ~5mb up...
Could just be the location, have you tried it in other cities or areas?

Kbps and kb/s are the same "Kilobytes per second". And 1000Kb = 1Mb

Azbionic

Reaction score
Idk if i'm in the right place .you talking about the same place the hotspot hack is ,the check entitlement at 147 . what is the number I got to edit

from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

This is for data throttling if you think your carrier is restricting your DL/UL speeds. See the first post on this thread.
If you are looking for the free-wifi hack see How to get FREE Wifi Tether Mobile Hotspot on your Droid Bionic! | Droid Bionic Root (it works like a charm)