Thinking about going to verizon for a new X2?

filipino 13

Reaction score
Okay so I just got my x2 about a week and a half ago....I love it. Its fast, big, and just overall a good phone. I am having some issues tho... for starters, I've gotten a few random reboots. Pandora has given me 2 reboots and so has youtube. And that's just today. But I can handle that. The worst of all my problems is Texting. I am using the stock app and have no real interest in switching (because I don't think you should have to use a different app just to do something that came with the phone if that makes sense.) I receive duplicates all the time and it seems to stop for a little while but then start up again. I thought it stopped but then someone told me that they are getting duplicates from me. My phone also sends out an old text message when it reboots. Which can get really annoying when your phone reboots at 3 in the morning and wakes your friends up.... I just want a fix. I will pretty much do anything. Im rooted but this problem occurred before I rooted too. I want to know what can fix this... factory reset, flash sbf, whatever. Please help!! Last resort is call Verizon for a new one but I don't have much time before the two week warranty is up....

Evilclown312

Reaction score
Im pretty sure the duplicate message is just a verizon thing, not a problem with your phone.

OP
F

filipino 13

Reaction score
I wish but my whole family has Verizon and no issues. I previously had the OG droid and had no problems whatsoever. Thanks for the quick reply by the way

Evilclown312

Reaction score
Oh, well ive had the same problem with all of my verizon phones, and other people i know, that have just standard phones and smart phones, have had the same issue.

Kevin3328

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I too have an x2.. if u r rooted look in the hacks section of this forum for issues with memory or google on your phone v6 supercharger .. run this script.. its easy.. this phone has memory allocation issues.. however if u install this script your phone will run smooth and quick.. should solve ur problems.. let me know how u make out

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Yeah I've heard of the duplicates texts being sent from other phones like D1. I believe its a Verizon thing, maybe something with their servers. There may be a fix by calling Verizon and updating your network if that makes sense.

I'd call Verizon andbsee if they have a fixnfor the problem that can be done over the air.

Sent from my phiremod for Nook using DroidForums

OP
F

filipino 13

Reaction score
Thanks guys for your quick responses! Like I said mu whole family has Verizon and no issues and I myself have had it for years and had everything from blackberry to the og droid (and even non smart phones) and no problems the issues arises when I switched to the x2. Im thinking of unrooting, doing a factory reset or flashing the sbf file, then calling Verizon, then root the phone again and run the v6 script. Any recommendations on why I shouldn't?? Just thinking of doing that so I have all my bases covered lol

vvildcard

Reaction score
Do the memory performance tweaks (link in my sig) and you'll fix the reboot issues. As far as I can tell, the reboots occur when it runs out of RAM... so the memory performance tweaks fix the memory management.

The Pandora and texting problems are known, common and not conclusively fixed. Keep checking back on these forums... If someone fixes them, I'm sure they will make their way here.

OP
F

filipino 13

Reaction score
Do the memory performance tweaks (link in my sig) and you'll fix the reboot issues. As far as I can tell, the reboots occur when it runs out of RAM... so the memory performance tweaks fix the memory management.

The Pandora and texting problems are known, common and not conclusively fixed. Keep checking back on these forums... If someone fixes them, I'm sure they will make their way here.
Thanks for info;) soooo do you think i shouldnt do what i posted above (unroot, factory reset/flash sbf, call verizon, then root again)? its just getting really annoying having to apologize to everyone getting duplicate messages. my friend says hes been getting texts that i sent from yesterday today. idk its just really obnoxious. i could deal with the reboots but texting is the main thing i do on the phone. ANNOYING. :icon_evil:

kmark

Reaction score
Sometimes I receive duplicate messages from my friend (up to 8 times!). He uses an iPhone 4 with AT&T and lives in an area with very poor cell reception. I believe the messages keep resending because his phone doesn't know if the texts ever reached their destination (my phone).

Evilclown312

Reaction score
That's usually caused by it telling him it didn't send when it actually dis and he keeps hitting resend

kmark

Reaction score
That's usually caused by it telling him it didn't send when it actually dis and he keeps hitting resend

Possibly, but I know my friend wasn't even aware that he was sending multiple messages.