several issues w new X2

rey_bug024

Reaction score
so i got my x2 a week ago from best buy. but now i'm kinda irritated. the touch screen randomly decides not to work, at all. unless i put it to sleep and turn it back on. it turns its self on and off. it refuses to turn on at all sometimes so i have to pull the battery and reboot it. oh, and it also sends my texts three or four times after i hit the send button once. considering taking it back for a new one, but want to make sure this is just a freak occurance. other than those issues, i love the phone wayyyy more than my old blackberry :). thanks in advace for your help :):)

p1ngputts

Reaction score
I don't have those problems, except for a few random reboots every once in a while and the lag when trying to listen to music.

bigdad63

Reaction score
I don't have those issues. I got a few random reboots the first week or so but they seem to have pretty much stopped. The issues I see with mine right now are that the camera kind of locks up or works very slowly sometimes, the speakerphone volume is very low (apparently common on the X) and it will suddenly drop down to minimum in the middle of a conversation.

Last edited:

bjeffers52

Reaction score
so i got my x2 a week ago from best buy. but now i'm kinda irritated. the touch screen randomly decides not to work, at all. unless i put it to sleep and turn it back on. it turns its self on and off. it refuses to turn on at all sometimes so i have to pull the battery and reboot it. oh, and it also sends my texts three or four times after i hit the send button once. considering taking it back for a new one, but want to make sure this is just a freak occurance. other than those issues, i love the phone wayyyy more than my old blackberry :). thanks in advace for your help :):)
Am suffering the same problems except that my duplicate texts are incoming, not outgoing and there have been as many as 10 over up to 2 hours, annoying because I get repeated alerts making me think I have received new messages. I have also read about overheating problems which force the phone to shut down - my phone seems to shut down at least once a day. Today it was almost to hot to hold. The article on overheating speculated that the problem was random and that phone replacement could resolve it. I haven't gotten to that point yet.