Droid X2 Charging Problem

ivanrooni

Reaction score
Placed my X2 on the charger. After three hours noticed that it was not charging. What I did notice was that the LED light would turn green, then go off and the Motorola red symbol would appear with the Dual Core Technology screen label. Then it would go off and the Green LED light would reappear. Then go off and the Motorola Red Symbol would appear. It was in some sort of loop. Meanwhile, the charging would not occur. I called Asurion and they are sending out a replacement. My question is what is this? and is there a fix? Or was getting a replacement the best idea? Also, is this a well known defect or just the luck of the draw for me this time?

I did pull the battery and re-install. Same thing occurred. Then I eventually turned on the phone and placed it on the charger again. With the phone "turned on" it charged overnight. Luckily I can still have the phone and use it today. Still getting a replacement today as it was ordered. But still wondering if this has occurred to anyone else and what is the fix?

Last edited:

ninjasailas

Reaction score
My droid x 2 charges but when plugged in i am un able to use the touch screen. i can use hard buttons but cant unlock my phone or use the touch screen at all. taking it in to verizon asap

OP
ivanrooni

ivanrooni

Reaction score
Yes, the touch loses on the charger. This happened on my X as well. Maybe not totally, but was not as responsive. The thing is that you get a better charge if the phone is powered down. My happening was with the phone powered off.

gr8scott_o

Reaction score
But still wondering if this has occurred to anyone else and what is the fix?

It happened to me once on my second (current) X2. I did a battery pull, left it off and let it charge for overnight. Haven't had the issue since.