How to obtain a full charge on the Incredible!

essadv

Reaction score
Seidio 1750 Rocks

Took mine off the charger at 8:00 am Monday after overnight charge. Moderate usage Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Was at 10% Wednesday 2:00 pm and put it back on charger. I keep GPS, Wifi etc off unless needed. Life is really good for me:)

jasonb

Reaction score
after 5 hours of standby i'm at 95%. 1% an hour for standby is pretty good.

gsf

Reaction score
Charging the Battery

If your phone is on charge (power on or off) and the green light comes to indicate a full charge, and then you power off your phone and the phone starts charging again until the green light comes back on, and again you unplug your phone with a green light (full charge) and moments later plug the charge in again and the phone starts charging again until the green light appears... once again... what's up with that.

Is the battery not fully charging or is the battery life dropping a percent or two upon unplugging it.

Right now i just plugged it back in for a second time after a few minutes of not charging (power off) and the red/amber light appears to indicate its charging again, after 4 minutes of charging (power off) the green light appears.

gsf

Reaction score
Using the App BATTERYLEFT... my phone has been off the charger 22 hours... i have 72% of my battery left while connected to WiFi with light phone usage during those 22 hours.

I can't argue with success, i tried to disprove the theory of the charging method by trying it out to see if it was a myth... but i couldn't... it worked for me.

solorca

Reaction score
the battery obsessions are out of control.. its impacting my life ... ;)

Yep get the Seidio and forget about it. Mine has been on for 7 hours and its its still at 93% in the battery info, granted that was with minimal usage but still that's a major improvment.

Hmm, the Seidio doesn't really change my quick drop issue. I will take it off of the charger and be at 90% within a matter of minutes usually.

Due to having an extended battery on the Droid, I"ve been watching mv levels for a while, and on my Incredible, I am usually at 4120 or a little less immediately after taking it off the charger (with either battery) even though the charging MV level is around 4220.

I don't have the time to do these extra steps to just charge the battery. Once it gets under 90% the battery drain is steady anyway. With the 1750mah seidio, I'm finding that I can get a full day of average use with about 30-40% of my battery remaining...so that's good enough for me until the 3500mah monster is released!

Last edited:

gsf

Reaction score
i'm now at just over 26 hours since unplugged, this morning i made some calls and texts.. took a video and uploaded to you-tube... i'm at 62%. when my extended slim battery arrives i'll try this method of charging on it also.

I don't know if its an internal system thing with registering a full battery charge or a HTC battery thing, i wish someone was sure on the problem/issue... if there is one.

I do NOT use Task Killer, and have no special settings or alter any data connections, i let the phone and its system work the way it was design to, i do keep WiFi connect, and forgot this morning when i left the house to disconnect it, so it was on and probably trying to make a connection in my travels.

Aluminum21

Reaction score
Doing all this crappy stuff just to get decent battery life just shows hoe much the battery sucks on this phone

kmo

Reaction score
I think doing all this so called "conditioning" is actually hurting more than helping the Li-Ion battery. This isn't a nickel based battery, a different beast all together. Once a Li-Ion is initially charged you should be able to use it normally and charge when it gets low. That's it, done deal. All this plugging, turn phone off re-plug, etc. IMO is just not helping the battery's overall longevity. Yes maybe some of you are seeing the charge go a complete 100% but is this actually helping your battery in the long run?
Li-Ion's like other batteries have a finite number of charge cycles and once they're gone that's it. You may get your full charge but at what expense, killing the battery prematurely....

R1Lover

Reaction score
I have no problems with mine staying on the charger all night.... it's fully charged each morning and good to go.... I'm not going to check my battery level every 5 minutes either lmao I check it on the way home and if it's been a heavy day I plug it in for the drive home and it's good until about midnight.

R1Lover

Reaction score
i'm now at just over 26 hours since unplugged, this morning i made some calls and texts.. took a video and uploaded to you-tube... i'm at 62%. when my extended slim battery arrives i'll try this method of charging on it also.

I don't know if its an internal system thing with registering a full battery charge or a HTC battery thing, i wish someone was sure on the problem/issue... if there is one.

I do NOT use Task Killer, and have no special settings or alter any data connections, i let the phone and its system work the way it was design to, i do keep WiFi connect, and forgot this morning when i left the house to disconnect it, so it was on and probably trying to make a connection in my travels.

You must not use your phone then... lol I unplugged mine about 7 hours ago and it's at 60% :)

windstrings

Reaction score
The Incredible has more variables than many phones.. including the droid.

By default, there is alot of social connections going.

One person uses Facebook with constant linking so that any news or new feeds instantly updates to the phone.. the other person doesn't.

One uses google talk, etc etc.....
Friends, latitude, weather, peep, craigslist, gps enabled apps, whether in fringe reception areas, use the FM radio, music players?, play video, tv.com, you tube, games...
These phones are almost as hard to monitor battery usage from one to the next as your own personal computer hooked to the internet is with your friends personal computer.

Its hard to compare battery usage unless we know everyones use and habits and how well they charge their battery.

Everyone has to take the suggestions offered and decide which one fit for them.

I personally never use social apps except for a couple minutes at a time when I'm in the mood.... I have no contacts linked to any of them, and I don't want notifications from them..... My phone goes with the everywhere.. I don't need it being a pest....

My phone is there to serve me..... not the other way around.

With that being said... I see nothing wrong with battery usage considering its only a 1300mah battery.

Seidio makes the 1750 and people seem very pleased and the big dog 3500mah is coming out soon.. "that will be my choice even though I don't need it".

I think we are trying to find something wrong with the phone when reality is... its does a ton more pertaining to internet constant data flows... if you don't believe me.. turn off your "continuous mobile data link" and you will still have all the functionality you do for your moto-droid with much better battery life.

If you try and use all the stuff that option gives with the moto droid, you will be eating batteries with it too.

menu-->settings-->wireless and networks--->mobile networks--->"uncheck" enable always on mobile data.

Until your willing to do that, don't think it a mystery that the battery is being used.....you can't be data linked continuously without battery usage... that almost resembles being on a continuous phone call.

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
my battery is fine.. for my usage.. i have no issues with it.. i dont know why people are dropping from 100 to 90 in a matter of 10mins tho.. thats a bit suspect.. i was at 100 after 2.5hrs.. i didnt use it at all for the first 2hrs of work.. i streamed pandora for a good part of hte day.. had a couple calls.. lowest it went was 70% battery left.. i dont know what all the fuss is..

i bought a ext 1750 battery adn i dont think im gonna even use it..

bare in mind.... i have no social crap running, no pop3 just gmail, and no task killer.. i update my weather every six hrs and manual update on it if im dying to know the exact weather here.. im in socal, its sunny everyday... for me and my usage the battery is solid..

BzB

Reaction score
Unplugged mine 10 hrs ago and at 67% battery. Seidio slim extended battery ftw! Could be better but I refuse to moderate my usage or play around with my settings. Btw I'd usually be at about 40% battery with the stock battery.

windstrings

Reaction score
i dont know why people are dropping from 100 to 90 in a matter of 10mins tho.. thats a bit suspect..

Its good to do a deep charge on a new battery and then a full discharge which resets the digital counter so it accurately reads status of charge.

Nothing wrong in doing a full discharge every so many weeks either. Lithium Cells of this nature do not let themselves get totally discharged.. the phone dies first.

So things people read about those dangers are Nill in the case of cell phone batteries.

Lots of precautions for overcharge and undercharge has been implemented for layperson users all over the world.

Most of the high performance Lithium Ion Radio control hobbyist and other enthusiast use have those dangers because they use the "full" capacity of the battery from top to bottom and choose non protected cells in order to take advantage of that. We have safety margins build in so there is no danger of reversing polarity with deep discharges or blowing up a battery from overcharge.

windstrings

Reaction score
Unplugged mine 10 hrs ago and at 67% battery. Seidio slim extended battery ftw! Could be better but I refuse to moderate my usage or play around with my settings. Btw I'd usually be at about 40% battery with the stock battery.

Just read up on what those settings do.. no real danger or you wouldn't have access.
Your simply turning on or off certain functions/abilities.

All the nasty stuff is hidden behind access codes the normal user doesn't know how to get to and is not available in the simple menu of the phone.