TheSavageSquid's NitroScript Unthrottle Tool Version 1.5

Reaction score
View attachment 39557NitroScript is a tool to used to unthrottle the Motorola Droid 2/Droid Global/Droid X.

This tool was designed specifically for the Droid 2, all though it is reported that the unthrottle tool works for the Motorola Droid 2 Global, Motorola Droid, and the Motorola Droid X, it is not guaranteed to work on other devices.

The Root and Unroot tools will only work for the Droid 2/2 Global/X

Download: Nitroscript - Mediafire

Instructions

Turn on USB Debugging.
Plug in phone.
Run program.
Done.

I don't usually go onto this forum so please email me at [email protected]

Version 1.5.1 now released, I won't make a separate thread, just so it's easier.

1.5.1 adds a rethrottle option, this will only work if you used this version to unthrottle and did not delete the folder "OriginalServices" or its contents.

Changelog

1.0 - Original Program
1.5 - Fixed bugs, dialog, name
1.5.1 - Added Rethrottle option

Download: NitroScript 1.5.1 - MediaFire

Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Nitroscript no longer works on the newly updated android operating system. We will work on a new way to unthrottle.

Last edited:
OP
TheSavageSquid
Reaction score
View attachment 39557NitroScript is a tool to used to unthrottle the Motorola Droid 2/Droid Global/Droid X.

This tool was designed specifically for the Droid 2, all though it is reported that the unthrottle tool works for the Motorola Droid 2 Global, Motorola Droid, and the Motorola Droid X, it is not guaranteed to work on other devices.

The Root and Unroot tools will only work for the Droid 2/2 Global/X

Download: Nitroscript - Mediafire

Instructions

Turn on USB Debugging.
Plug in phone.
Run program.
Done.

I don't usually go onto this forum so please email me at [email protected]

Version 1.5.1 now released, I won't make a separate thread, just so it's easier.

1.5.1 adds a rethrottle option, this will only work if you used this version to unthrottle and did not delete the folder "OriginalServices" or its contents.

Changelog

1.0 - Original Program

Nitroscript no longer works on the newly updated android operating system. We will work on a new way to unthrottle.

Last edited:

nuclearmistake

Reaction score
java bugs

your email isn't posted anywhere?

This is a screen shot of the issue, and evidence of my having JRE 1.7 installed. My device is plugged in, adb is enabled, and the pull/remount steps succeed -- so there's an issue with your program's location of the JRE files it refers to.

When I run the executable (tried 1.0 and 1.5.1), it gets as far as the step after the instruction to press enter after every '!', then shows the error in the screenshot for all of the steps where the utility is supposed to be having its way with classes.dex, and never ends up making any changes to it.

View attachment 39588

Regedit in the screenshot is navigated to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment"

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit.

OP
TheSavageSquid
Reaction score
My email is posted in my signature and its in the quote. and do you have java installed on your computer?

My bad sorry I didnt realize u had it installed.

Here are a few possible ways to fix it
  1. Did you run it as an administrator? It works better if you dont, administrator causes it to run from a different folder.
  2. if 1. doesnt work, try to update/reinstall java. Im not sure what the latest update is.

Last edited:

nuclearmistake

Reaction score
My email is posted in my signature and its in the quote. and do you have java installed on your computer?

Touche on the email... Yes, I have the latest JDK, and even tried both 32 and 64 bit JRE's just to see if your program was trying to use an absolute path.

I found instructions to dethrottle manually so I'm all set.

NeoPhoenixTE

Reaction score
This thing is getting a hit from my antivirus program (ESET NOD32).

Virus coming up is listed as: Android/Exploit.RageCage.A

One Google search tells me that this has happened before with some root exploits out there.

Guess I'd just like to get a dev comment on this before I proceed, that's all. :)

Edit: Also wanted to make sure this thing is safe to run on the OTA Gingerbread release for the Droid 2. You posted this before the OTA went out, so I wanted to see if you've been able to test it yet.

Last edited:
OP
TheSavageSquid
Reaction score
I keep getting an error when trying to download it.

Vauge a little bit? What error? Chances are its a problem with your computer/browser, or your antivirus doesn't like the rageagainstthecage file, no matter, that's in there for rooting, if you don't need root, then you're all set.

And neophoenix, rageagainstthecage will sometimes be looked at as a virus, its not however. If you're just unthrottling it, you don't need that file and can skip over it.

As for the OTA GingerBread, I don't see it running into any problems. But if it does just email me and ill help you fix it.

xm41907

Reaction score
it gets to 95% and I get this when I use Firefox:

C:\Users\James\Downloads\NitroScript 1.5.1.zip.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

Try again later, or contact the server administrator.

And this when I use IE:

Unable to download NitroScript_1.5.1.zip from download776.mediafire.com.
The connection with the server was reset.

slimpirudude

Reaction score
Touche on the email... Yes, I have the latest JDK, and even tried both 32 and 64 bit JRE's just to see if your program was trying to use an absolute path.

I found instructions to dethrottle manually so I'm all set.

Can u hook me up with instructions on doing it manually?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

slimpirudude

Reaction score
I tried it on gb and failed too......

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
TheSavageSquid
Reaction score
It would appear that on gingerbread, this does not work. I will work on finding a new way to unthrottle on gingerbread but as of now Nitroscript is not working.

OP
TheSavageSquid
Reaction score

Changelog

1.0 - Original Program

Nitroscript no longer works for the Droid 2 or other Android devices that underwent the new gingerbread update. Sorry for the inconvenience. I will work on a new method of unthrottling.