Nitroscript Gingerbread Unthrottle Tool!

Reaction score
Nitroscript Gingerbread Unthrottle Tool is finally released!

Nitroscript is an unthrottle tool. Unthrottling removed the data cap from your phone, making it able to take in more data than your service provider wants.

Changelog:
Original program.
Fixed bugs, dialog, name
Added rethrottle option
1.6 - Nitroscript Gingerbread
Now functional with Gingerbread
Root and Unthrottle option removed.
Manually need to mount and set /system/ to read and write. (No more ADB Remount)
Manually need to mount and set /system/ to read only. (No more ADB Remount)
Mounting instructions and Readme.txt included.

Turn phone on in USB Debugging, unzip, plug in phone, run the program.

Download: Mediafire - Nitroscript Gingerbread

Last edited:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
what's the difference between this and using prop modder to uncap 3G?

Encounter ICS

arlenok

Reaction score
So after trying to get it to work my issue is that it can't find classes.dex

NeoPhoenixTE

Reaction score
As one of the guys who originally ran in to trouble with the Nitroscript on my GB Droid 2, I am happy to report I got it installed this time.

Three things of note:

1.) I've changed ROMs since originally attempting this. I've gone from Stock OTA GB to LibertyROM 3.0.
2.) Not sure if the above would affect it, but I still ran into an error at the last step in the script. It failed to copy services.jar due to a permission error. I copied the file manually and replicated the permissions from the original file.
3.) Phone failed to boot on first reboot after patching. Again, first two items may have affected this. Upon pulling the battery and booting again, it came up just fine.

Still trying to find any noticeable difference in my data rates. Streaming some stuff on Crunchyroll as a test, and still waiting a similar amount of time in buffering. Maybe it's on their end in this case. :)

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd also like to know the difference between this and 3g uncap in prop modder. Does it just add and/or change values to the build.prop? Any help would be much appreciated!