TheSavageSquid's NirtiScript Unthrottle Tool

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea mine are crazy high on wifi too.

I just tossed that in there to mess with you guys. That was at my neighbors house with Comcast....at work we are on a MPSL (T1 bundle) and it is retarded....at home I have FIOS with 50mb down and 25up....nice speeds there too....

But this is why I am not worried about my next device being 4g or not. I am always at home or work for the most part. So the new device I get in 2011 will be a 3g (if that's what the Droid 3 is) and in 2012 I will most likely get my 4g (who knows....maybe a Droid 4)

Yea I could care less if the droid 3 was a 3g phone or not.

That makes 2 of us.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Nice job with the script going to take a look at it later today with the droid 1 and will let u know how it goes since ur unaware if it works with other devices I know the hack works for the d1 but I'll see how ur method works

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Last edited:

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Nice job with the script going to take a look at it later today with the droid 1 and will let u know how it goes since ur unaware if it works with other devices I know the hack works for the d1 but I'll see how ur method works

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Please inform us what this modifies so I can reverse the process as it had a mostly negative effect for me.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
What about the other one you just did or are doing?

Yeah I want to know how to back out of this hack as well.

FillTheVoid

Reaction score
Isn't there a throttle script as well as unthrottle? It deletes a system app file. I read exactly what is does in one of the two threads somewhere.

Liberated Droid 2 Epic Blue

ahC_hED

Reaction score
It smali's something, hence the classout, and then baksmali's and pushes.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Updated the other thread with the details. In conclusion I had better results with the hack I posted to. Upon finding out exactly what this hack does I plan to post the hack I found in its own thread to make it easier to find. I am confident they are 2 different hacks but just waiting for official confirmation.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
How exactly can I get this to work without puking errors at every step?

I cant successfully connect the phone to the computer in PC mode....

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
How exactly can I get this to work without puking errors at every step?

I cant successfully connect the phone to the computer in PC mode....

Ok plug the phone into the PC with the USB cable. Launc a command prompt by typing CMD in to the search box in the windows start menu. Now type adb devices. If it reports no devices found, this is your problem.
-Now type adb kill-server. Hit enter.
-type adb-start-server. Hit enter.
-type adb devices and you should see your phone listed. It will be a string of random numbers and letters. Maybe its the IME number, not sure.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Isn't there a throttle script as well as unthrottle? It deletes a system app file. I read exactly what is does in one of the two threads somewhere.

Liberated Droid 2 Epic Blue

I only see an Unthrottle script, no throttle. I'm not sure what effects this hack has had but i'm thinking it's on the negative side. I'm noticing little quirks that were not there before

Sent from my Liberated DROID2

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Updated the other thread with the details. In conclusion I had better results with the hack I posted to. Upon finding out exactly what this hack does I plan to post the hack I found in its own thread to make it easier to find. I am confident they are 2 different hacks but just waiting for official confirmation.

so you backed out of this one and did the other one or did that one on top of this one?

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I cant really be sure. I dont know what was patched, but I reverted to a nandroid hoping to undo the damage this hack did and installed the hack I linked to for build.prop.

For those who are not willing to try this yet due to the "closed source" nature(i use this term loosely) of this hack, Here is a more "open source" hack you can try.
[Mod] Improved 3G/Edge Speeds
For me I had better results using the method I have just linked to then this script.

I have attempted to contact the Dev of this NitriScript by PM since there is no way to email him as per his request, but no response yet. I have asked him to provide more information on what his hack does. Regardless I do appreciate his hard work devloping this, but my conclusion was that I had better results using the edit to build.prop I linked to. I can say that this NitriScript does not appear to be the same hack as it does not modify build.prop.

akerby16

Reaction score
I believe it does I put it on my d2g and it seemed to boost the speed a little.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums