Themes not showing up.

mkennedy150

Reaction score
I have tried all of the themes reverting back and forth from stock and none of them seem to show up. I booted into recovery installed the theme and it says install complete then when i reboot its still the stock theme. Can anyone help?

wingdo

Reaction score
Did you use Clockwork or SPRecovery? You need to use SPRecovery.

sniffle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.ccroms.net
it's an issue with the P3 kernel we released last night it filled up the /system partition, a fix will be forthcoming asap, possibly even a release with multiple kernel options and a feature or two...

wingdo

Reaction score
Wait .... the 15MB kernel filled up the system partition??? :)

I still am theme-ing correctly and I do have the P3 kernel linked last night.

sniffle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.ccroms.net
lol in his rush to get the kernel out P3 left all of the debugging info in the kernel... blame P3... of course he was jsut trying to make you guys happy :-D so cut him a littel slack too... :p as soon as he is able he will be recompiling and we'll be updating the download links.

GodfatherIP

Reaction score
I had the same problem when I tried to install the kernel before the theme. Glad to know you guys have it figured out. By the way themes worked with no problems for me when I installed over fresh 0.6.2 using clockwork recovery.

bhughesiii

Reaction score
I am assuming this is why I am having an issue reflashing to sprecovery.. I will restore my backup of 6.2 before the kernel install and test.

LrdElderon

Reaction score

uhh unless something is specifically in the file that needs sprecovery then no, no you don't. you also don't need to rename to update.zip for it either. you just browse to the zip file and tada.

the issue is the constant changing of roms and themes are not keeping up. theming froyo seems to be a bit hit and miss atm.

I don't see this obsession with sprecovery. It's not a bad recovery, but whats the newest version? .993b or whatever from when sholes was around? that's pretty old.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

uhh unless something is specifically in the file that needs sprecovery then no, no you don't. you also don't need to rename to update.zip for it either. you just browse to the zip file and tada.

the issue is the constant changing of roms and themes are not keeping up. theming froyo seems to be a bit hit and miss atm.

I don't see this obsession with sprecovery. It's not a bad recovery, but whats the newest version? .993b or whatever from when sholes was around? that's pretty old.

People just find it more stable (I myself included). The fact that it hasn't needed to be updated is proof. Clockwork is almost updated daily, or every other day, and that brings up problems. Also, there are rumors going around of a SPRecovery update, so it won't be old for long (droidmod is a very secretive place :p).

LrdElderon

Reaction score

People just find it more stable (I myself included). The fact that it hasn't needed to be updated is proof. Clockwork is almost updated daily, or every other day, and that brings up problems. Also, there are rumors going around of a SPRecovery update, so it won't be old for long (droidmod is a very secretive place :p).

mmm the fact it hasn't been updated is proof of nothing but the fact the dev who made it no longer works on it. If they update that's cool, but having constant updates is not a bad thing necessarily. I much rather support an app or recovery with a dev that actively supports and develops it and if problems arise it says join the irc channel, get a log put it in pastebin if you can... he will fix issues that arise, not to mention it supports quite a few phones.

kinda going off topic so ill leave it at that. people can use what they wish, but I hate hearing people talk crap about cw recovery. I've been on it since he left alldroid and have had 0 issues.