[THEME] RedRum 2.0

bad4u

Reaction score
what color are the notifications in the status bar when dropped down for pandora and music? are they white or the stock android black?

kevev99

Reaction score
Couldn't tell you. I don't use Pandora and the music app I use once in a while. I used the GEM Settings to change all my notifications text. I think I have them set to white, silver, or black. You can change the text to whatever color you want in GEM Settings.

kevev99

Reaction score
OK so I'm really digging Red Rum. So much that I was talking to a guy and his wife today who both have Droid 1s and want to root their phones (they still don't have Flash, want to overclock, wifi tether, among other things). I gave them all the info so they could do just that, highly recommended Sapphire and showed them Red Rum. They loved it. And ironically, we were on a pirate ship boat ride at the time, so the rum was appropriate :)

Anyway, I've got 1 thing I don't like about Red Rum and 1 request for a future feature, and I'm hoping Carlz28 or someone else can help out as maybe they are floating out there:

1. Pandora is now installed on my Droid. I didn't download and have no intention of ever using it as I have a Sirius subscription and have that app (I should say I'm waiting for them to fix it to work with Froyo). How do I remove it as I don't think it installed with Sapphire since it wasn't there before I put Red Rum as my theme?
  2. I use the Facebook widget. Is it possible that will be skinned in Red Rum fashion at some point?

That's it. Trying to share the love and get more people over from the Dark Side of being restricted by Verizon.

OP
carlz28

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Anyway, I've got 1 thing I don't like about Red Rum and 1 request for a future feature, and I'm hoping Carlz28 or someone else can help out as maybe they are floating out there:

1. Pandora is now installed on my Droid. I didn't download and have no intention of ever using it as I have a Sirius subscription and have that app (I should say I'm waiting for them to fix it to work with Froyo). How do I remove it as I don't think it installed with Sapphire since it wasn't there before I put Red Rum as my theme?
  2. I use the Facebook widget. Is it possible that will be skinned in Red Rum fashion at some point?
That's it. Trying to share the love and get more people over from the Dark Side of being restricted by Verizon.
Pandora was included only in the theme cuz may people use it and wanted it themed. The only reason I decided to theme it was because it usually doesn't get updated too often, so that leaves less maintenance on updating the theme itself.
If you have Root Explorer, you can delete the Pandora.apk file right inside the /system/app/ folder. Reboot, and its gone for good.

As far as Facebook, I themed it originally, but then an update came out for it and I never got around to re-theme the files.
I don't plan on adding to the overall theme anytime soon as I have a bunch of projects going on.
But I could throw something together for you personally in a day or two.
Send me a PM and we can discuss what you want themed exactly. :)

OP
carlz28

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
will this still work with 1.1.0 ?
It may, but I would wait until it gets ported/updated exclusively for 1.1.0
Some elements of framework-res.apk may have changed and I can't guarantee it will work until updated.

Schoat333

Reaction score
Has anyone ported this to 1.1 yet?

I love this theme, and will not update to 1.1 until I can use the same theme.

Thanks,

ding007

Reaction score
Can you just install this with clockwork mod? As in "install from SD Card?"

OP
carlz28

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Can you just install this with clockwork mod? As in "install from SD Card?"
Short answer: Yes
Long answer: I haven't tested it on 1.1.0 yet, but it should work. But please make a backup before trying so.

SwinePunk

Reaction score
Looks good but the launcher buttons are just incredibly stupid.

OP
carlz28

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
will this still work with 1.1.0 ?
It may, but I would wait until it gets ported/updated exclusively for 1.1.0
Some elements of framework-res.apk may have changed and I can't guarantee it will work until updated.
Any update on a version of RedRum based on 1.1.0?
I just flashed the original version and it will work with Sapphire 1.1.0
You may have issues with any newly updated apps, such as Google Search or Gmail (if you've updated them recently) such as from the market.
But everything else has stayed the same as far as images/folder/etc.
Please let me know if you encounter any issues.