The Ultimate Droid 1.0.0 - Droid 1 Only

nathan56989

Reaction score
I may be jumping the gun here but I just installed UD 1.0.0 it all went well but I'm stuck on the boot loader where it says "ultimate droid". I know it takes a while after you install a new rom for the phone to boot. However it's been about ten minutes and the "ultimate droid" logo is flashing once about every 10 seconds, and nothing is happening. any ideas?

The_Chief

Reaction score
That's not the bootloader, you're in a boot loop. Pull the battery, replace it and try powering back on.

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
I may be jumping the gun here but I just installed UD 1.0.0 it all went well but I'm stuck on the boot loader where it says "ultimate droid". I know it takes a while after you install a new rom for the phone to boot. However it's been about ten minutes and the "ultimate droid" logo is flashing once about every 10 seconds, and nothing is happening. any ideas?

Did you change the kernel by any chance, If not, I recommend a FULL FULL WIPE of data,cache, patitions, and all that. Then reload thru Recovery. I loaded up on point on first load. Thank God..

nathan56989

Reaction score
sorry wrong choice of words there. I just rooted my phone (for the second time) and have bootloader stuck on the tip of my tongue. Ok I have done that already and its doing the same thing.

nathan56989

Reaction score
i installed it with clockwork and selected wipe before installing. I'll try a manual wipe in spr. I'll be right back.

mrjaydee82

Reaction score
Blackdroid your roms are the best. Used you until i got a d2. I still use you with my wifes d1. Know what would be freaking awesome? If you ported one of your roms to d2. I can guarantee it would be amazing. I would even test it for you. ;-)

BostonDan

Reaction score
I'm just wondering, I try to use the UltimateDroid quick commands such as "install2system" which is suppose to install all apps to /sdcard/system. When I run this command, it still has my internal memory quite low (~26MB) and the apps do not appear to have moved to the /sdcard/system (although if I do use adb and look at /sdcard/system I see some .apks such as "SetupWizard.apk, Settings.apk, etc.) but not a majority of my "downloaded programs".

I wish to put most of my programs purely on the sdcard. I know Froyo has the ability to put programs onto the sdcard in a limited fashion (on /sdcard/.android_secure) but I want my programs completely on the sdcard, and not half on the sdcard and half still in internal phone memory.

Anybody figure this out, or can help me?

Thanks!

Cheers,
B.D.

mdgmcse

Reaction score
I'm just wondering, I try to use the UltimateDroid quick commands such as "install2system" which is suppose to install all apps to /sdcard/system. When I run this command, it still has my internal memory quite low (~26MB) and the apps do not appear to have moved to the /sdcard/system (although if I do use adb and look at /sdcard/system I see some .apks such as "SetupWizard.apk, Settings.apk, etc.) but not a majority of my "downloaded programs".

I wish to put most of my programs purely on the sdcard. I know Froyo has the ability to put programs onto the sdcard in a limited fashion (on /sdcard/.android_secure) but I want my programs completely on the sdcard, and not half on the sdcard and half still in internal phone memory.

Anybody figure this out, or can help me?

Thanks!

Cheers,
B.D.

Some apps are not able to be installed on the sdcard since they will not run properly. You can see which ones are incapable by going into the applications section of settings and tapping an application and tying to choose "move to sdcard". Some simply do not have the option because they would crash the phone when the sdcard is absent such as when mounting to your pc via usb. I found that a majority will not allow installation to sd, and some even if they are capable will sometimes still not function properly, making it best to leave them installed to the phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

BostonDan

Reaction score
Some apps are not able to be installed on the sdcard since they will not run properly. You can see which ones are incapable by going into the applications section of settings and tapping an application and tying to choose "move to sdcard". Some simply do not have the option because they would crash the phone when the sdcard is absent such as when mounting to your pc via usb. I found that a majority will not allow installation to sd, and some even if they are capable will sometimes still not function properly, making it best to leave them installed to the phone.

Yes, I am aware of the "move to SD" function built into Froyo, but this is not really my quesiton. Many of the programs I am talking about should be able to be moved completely to /sdcard/system (I am NOT talking about moving these programs to /sdcard/.android_secure) (TFLN, etc), but only a portion of these programs are moved. I have heard of other roms where people have 200+ apps on their SDcard, fully on the SDCard and not only a portion of them. As I have said, I try to use the "install2system" quick command on UD which should install programs to the /sdcard/system folder, but it does not operate as advertised. I am trying to find if somebody had been able to use this quick command successfully.

Cheers,
B.D.

MrSinister1

Reaction score
I just flashed UD v1.0.0 2day and now I can't boot into CW recovery anymore, anyone with advice or ideas would be very much helpful???

The_Chief

Reaction score
Try flashing SPRecovery in ROM Manager and then re-flashing Clockwork. It's a little finicky that way...

joeybarclay

Reaction score
for some reason both time I flashed this ROM it always skips past 30% I have watched it, it goes from 40% to 20%