The Ultimate Droid 1.0.0 - Droid 1 Only

drpaul07

Reaction score
i just edited my post - check that. UD apparently has a mechanism that pushes system apps to data to allow for mkt updates. look in the op, and check the "EDIT" portion of my post.

(i should learn to read the op/changelog first, before i start popping off :))

Ah ok. Cool, i'll try that out first then. Thanks!

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
here's what is in the op: "All nonthemed system app that can be downloaded from the market have been removed and added to the UD Extras for easy downloand and installation to data"

so, i guess check Extras first, and then resort to the other measures...

tonestert

Reaction score
when I try to install via sprecovery I get the following error:

assert failed :getprop("ro.product.device") =="supersonic" ||
getprop("ro.product") =="supersonic"

E: Error in sdcard/update.zip
(staus 7)
installation aborted

I've downloaded the rom a couple of times but same results.

Can anyone help with this ?

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score

(staus 7)
installation aborted

I recommend you do a backup of your current Rom(Assuming you know how)
D/l Rom from OP and place on Root(not in a folder) of Sd card.
Use "Sp recovery" (rom manager has an option to go into Sp by using(flash alternate recovery).
Be sure to Fully Wipe, data,cache, SD Ext(Not Sd card)
once you load into Sp recovery,
Click on "Install">Allow update.zip installation> Install /sdcard/update.zip (deprecated)
You should be good.
Boot up may take time but its normal for 1st boot...

tonestert

Reaction score

(staus 7)
installation aborted

Use "Sp recovery" (rom manager has an option to go into Sp by using(flash alternate recovery).
Click on "Install">Allow update.zip installation> Install /sdcard/update.zip (deprecated)
You should be good.

Thanks prince jah for the response but that is what I've been doing. I get that error message after "Click on "Install">Allow update.zip installation> Install /sdcard/update.zip (deprecated)".

I was able to install UD8.0 last month and it does put that back on after I wipe and reboot (after the error) but I really want UD 1.0 just not sure what this error is about and have not been able to find any help searching for this error.
The only thing I did different this time was I upgraded the Kernel which I never did before. I tried both Slayher's and Chevy's kernel with the same results. Is there a way to reset the kernel ?

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
it sounds like you're dl'ing thru rom mgr, correct?? i'd try to dl directly to your pc, then copy to the root of your sdcard, and then manually install thru recovery. it sounds like your problem is in the download.

and, what i do with any new rom is install the rom first, and let all your apps dl from the mkt, before trying to install a theme or kernel.

JasonAsWell

Reaction score

(staus 7)
installation aborted

You should be good.

Thanks prince jah for the response but that is what I've been doing. I get that error message after "Click on "Install">Allow update.zip installation> Install /sdcard/update.zip (deprecated)".

I was able to install UD8.0 last month and it does put that back on after I wipe and reboot (after the error) but I really want UD 1.0 just not sure what this error is about and have not been able to find any help searching for this error.
The only thing I did different this time was I upgraded the Kernel which I never did before. I tried both Slayher's and Chevy's kernel with the same results. Is there a way to reset the kernel ?

Maybe try re-dl'ing UD 1.0.0 .zip? Could have become corrupted along the line somewhere?

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
Try loading up a different Rom in general. ie..Project Elite.(I came from that Rom myself) Load it up stock, Then try doing the install for UD 1.0..Its a shame if you cannot get this to load..It is by far the BEST ROM I've ever loaded on my Droid since Rooting..Don't get discouraged ..There's too much help here for that..Someone will figure out something..

tonestert

Reaction score
I'm downloading it direct from the link in this thread to my computer then copying to my SD card then renaming it to update.zip. I've downloaded it a couple of times.

That's a good idea Price Jah, I'll try another rom to see what happens. Only thing I worry about with doing that is a may loose UD 8.0 which I don't want to happen.

the blackdroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

(staus 7)
installation aborted

somehow you got ahold of the test rom for UD for the evo

slow6i

Reaction score
Interesting Bug

Didn't see a link for bug reports so Im posting it here.

Lemme start of with I love this rom. Well done!

Flashed 1.0.0 yesterday sometime using sprecovery. Had no problems at all with the flash, and subsequent setup. Have had no force closes, nor weird problems like ive experienced before with other roms.

The issue that I had happened this morning. I was listening to some music, and started messing around with long-pressing the volume buttons to see what they would do. (im a tinkerer :) ) Much as i expected, they didnt do anything but change the volume. I remember reading somewhere that you can change tracks that way... maybe that was an addon in some rom.

Anyways, I think i was long pressing the "volume up" button and i must have grazed a soft touch button and suddenly, music player would only play the first second of every song. No matter what i did i couldnt get it to stop. I hit pause to stop playback, and it did... until it switched to the next song and did it all over again. I was able to reboot via the power button instead of a battery pull.

I dont know anything about submitting a log, so if you need that information, or if it is even still available on my phone, ill need some help getting it to you. Not sure how reproduce-able it is, or if its even worth looking into.

Aside from this; no problems! I love it!

Reaction score
I'm downloading it direct from the link in this thread to my computer then copying to my SD card then renaming it to update.zip. I've downloaded it a couple of times.

That's a good idea Price Jah, I'll try another rom to see what happens. Only thing I worry about with doing that is a may loose UD 8.0 which I don't want to happen.

I see there's a UD for the Incredible listed now too; you're sure you have the right download for the Droid 1, right? (Sorry, had to ask.)

Also, make sure on Windows you don't have "hide known file extensions" on; sometimes people end up renaming their files to "update.zip.zip" because Windows is hiding the extension.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
are you dl'ing from the same link each time?? if so, try the mirror link and dl that way. also, just to double check, when you rename the file, you're not ending up with "update.zip.zip" are you??

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score

You will not lose UD8.0 You should use Rom Manager to do a backup(Name the Backup) UD8.0. Then it'll always be in the "clockworkmod" folder..

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
are you dl'ing from the same link each time?? if so, try the mirror link and dl that way. also, just to double check, when you rename the file, you're not ending up with "update.zip.zip" are you??

Good Call HK. That ".zip.zip" got me once:icon_evil: