The Thunderbolt battery issues are overblown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aram58

Reaction score
If its worse than the D1 even with slower components, they need to start working on battery technology rather than faster components. I don't want my quad core android device to last just 2 hours on a single charge, then say its just because of the faster components.. ya know? lol

+1

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

want a droid

Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see what all those claiming 18+ hours do once 4G reaches their area.

I also hate when someone says that those complaining about the battery are expecting 3 days of charge. Who ever said that? I just want to last morning to evening.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

pistol_pete

Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see what all those claiming 18+ hours do once 4G reaches their area.

I also hate when someone says that those complaining about the battery are expecting 3 days of charge. Who ever said that? I just want to last morning to evening.

Yeah, is it too much to ask that it make it through the work day without having to find a closet to hide in so you can see the screen?

F

FlyFishinX2

Yeah, is it too much to ask that it make it through the work day without having to find a closet to hide in so you can see the screen?

You'd rather complain than take the phone back wouldn't you?

sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using droid forums app

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
guys first off please stop insulting one another. I don't want to have to give out any infractions and/or timeouts.

Secondly, there is a VERY real issue with battery life for many people. Look around the internet and you will see all the complaints. I could list 10 links to various sites that discuss this. You have to understand that people while you may not have any issues w/ battery there is a majority of people that are having the problem.

Turning off LTE and dimming the screen to barely visible levels is not going to fly with people that spent their hard earned money on this device.

So please be tolerant........

This will be the last warning for those wishing to continue insulting those that have issues.

Thank you

ANGERisMYgift

Reaction score
guys first off please stop insulting one another. I don't want to have to give out any infractions and/or timeouts.

Secondly, there is a VERY real issue with battery life for many people. Look around the internet and you will see all the complaints. I could list 10 links to various sites that discuss this. You have to understand that people while you may not have any issues w/ battery there is a majority of people that are having the problem.

Turning off LTE and dimming the screen to barely visible levels is not going to fly with people that spent their hard earned money on this device.

So please be tolerant........

This will be the last warning for those wishing to continue insulting those that have issues.

Thank you

Just out of curiosity, isn't there a tech support forum for the thunderbolt on here.... Shouldn't people with problems be posting them to that maybe? When I come on to the forums I'm looking for posts that say something about new features or cool new things you can do with this awesome phone... Instead I see a hundred threads about the same issue. How many threads do we need to let us know some people are having a battery problem? I'm supposing u are a moderator by your above post so I ask you this, shouldn't you be more concerned with the multiple threads for the same issue ( deterring forum members from enjoying the forums) than with a few people that called some one a name. While I don't condone the name calling, I feel the multi thread issue is a somewhat bigger concern. Just MHO.

ThunderBolt- non rooted (for now)

champaned_out

Reaction score

Im in 4G service and I get at least 12-14hrs of usage from a single charge... When I'm connected to WiFi I get 18hrs+... This is with weather and gmail syncing and the brightness set to 30% and no these results aren't from letting the phone sit for 10hrs on standby

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I'm supposing u are a moderator by your above post so I ask you this, shouldn't you be more concerned with the multiple threads for the same issue ( deterring forum members from enjoying the forums) than with a few people that called some one a name. While I don't condone the name calling, I feel the multi thread issue is a somewhat bigger concern. Just MHO.

ThunderBolt- non rooted (for now)
I don't see multiple complaint threads only this one. We've shut down/merged/closed all of the duplicate threads.

If I am missing any please pm me (dont post links here) so that I can clean them up.

F

FlyFishinX2

how about we put all the battery complaint threads into the one battery thread and then people won't have to read this stuff over and over and over...its like ten people on here complaining and for some reason its all they know how to do........I unplugged my phone six hours ago and am at 77 percent

sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using droid forums app

OP
MrKleen

MrKleen

Reaction score
I do not question that there are people that are having problems with their battery life. But I promise you that my battery life has been fantastic so far. if your battery is dying in 6 hours with little to no use then you have a serious problem with your phone. Take it back and get a good one.

It has been almost 18 hours since I last charged my battery and I still have 50% left. 8 hours of that time I was sleeping but I have been playing with this thing like crazy since. Maybe I am lucky and got a good phone. But my point is that there are t-bolts that have good battery life. Mine so far is as good or better than my X. I am fully stock and made no tweaks in any way. I also have 4g.

If you have a bad phone for some reason take it back and exchange it for a good one.

Trust me I would be complaining also if I were having problems... I had to pay full price for my phone ($599).

This T-Bolt Rocks!

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
I am off the charger for 5h12m... had two 15m phone calls.. some ninja rush, bejeweled2 and txts.. (constantly on 4g)

i have 70% left..

i dont see that as a problem at all.. once you calibrate the battery its all good. :D

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
From what I've seen all phones are different. Mine went from lasting 4 hours tops to lasting 12 and now, it lasts 4 again. My friends have higher screen brightness and more sync and they get more than 12 hours. There are some that just appear faulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.