Got the big 70mb update and battery sucks now

tbolt1125

Reaction score
Just like it says my battery only got worse after this ota and I'm starting to think about getting rid of the phone, also emails don't push through anymore and haven't for awhile, any thing I Am doing wrong, I'm in a area with on and off service but my battery has never been this bad ever its half of what it usually is

sent from the bolt

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
try a factory reset.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

agt7575

Reaction score
I have noticed that with my battery also... BUT the OTA did fix my rebooting problem, and has made the phone run a bit quicker also....

mat1583

Reaction score
My battery seems to be fine after the update. I haven't seen any noticeable difference. I have done most of the recommended settings to maximize battery life (only push email, sync social stuff once every 3 hours, display set to <25% brightness, peak times for email, etc)

tycedeano

Reaction score
I had the extended battery in when I got the update, and for the first day or so, the battery life was so good (still above 95% after six hours or so) that I put the regular battery back in to slim down the phone. It seemed like the battery life was sucking yesterday (less than 85% after being unplugged for an hour), but I think I'll give it a few days before I go back to the extended battery.

PhishyKris

Reaction score
been with the 2750 since i got the phone and its solid. been using heavily since 6:30 AM and its still at 80%

badmeat

Reaction score
been with the 2750 since i got the phone and its solid. been using heavily since 6:30 AM and its still at 80%

"Heavy use" for one person may be light use to another. What's your display % at and what's the total time it has been on?
Settings > about phone > battery > battery use > display

That's the biggest use of battery with these phones if you "heavily use it"

I've got the 2750, been off since 8a.m. and I'm at 58% - total display time on for 2h 38m

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

LOUISSSSS

Reaction score
try a factory reset.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

will this require me to redownload all apps? and i should still have my contacts all saved to my google account, right?

right now i have my TB customized with go launcher pretty well... so a factory reset would be a PITA

LOUISSSSS

Reaction score
"Got the 70mb update and battery sucks now"

NOW it sucks?

it was bad before, but that was "normal" considering the battery itself is small and the htc processor is very powerful. logical that its weak when u combine the two

NOW, i've noticed that sometimes i'd get very rapid battery drain like 80-->40% in an hour or so if i haven't checked the phone. something must be draining it and the android OS can't figure out on its own how to stop it.

Reaction score
I got about 12 to 18 hours before the update and I still get 12 to 18 hours after the update. So in IMO it didn't suck before and it doesn't suck now.

OP
T

tbolt1125

Reaction score
I'll be lucky if I get 7 hours right now

sent from the bolt

Johnw

Reaction score
I had problems also after ota install and after a factory reset it was good for a while and then became bad again. Now I've performed a second factory rest and I am enabling accounts one at a time to see if I can tell what is causing the battery drain. If I were you, i would turn off sync on all account to see if that helps. If not, it could be an app.