The Tegra 3 HTC Edge is Now Code Named Endeavor?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
htcedge.png

We are going to write this one up as rumor folks. Pocketnow reports that a "trusted" source has informed them that the flagship device HTC Edge has gotten a name change. For unknown reasons the Edge is now going by the codename Endeavor. This is an unusual move for HTC and with MWC right around the corner what better way to generate some buzz.

Specs remain the same and carrier release is still a mystery but this phone is packing a lot of heat.

The Tegra 3 Quad Core clocked at 1.5GHZ is going to power this phone and it will sport a 4.7" "optically-laminated" 720p display all contained in a nice slender 10mm body.

It should see an announcement next month at MWC with a release under the retail name of the Supreme. This is a very nice piece of equipment and it's sure to be a hot seller when it drops.

Source: Pocketnow

DaWolf85

Reaction score
Either a changed form factor or just a savvy PR move to generate buzz, imo :happy3:

BigZig

Reaction score
I like the looks of the front but the back would look much better if it was all the same color and texture.

Tank_Tak

Reaction score
kinda reminds me of the nexus....is it just me or does that screen look like its slightly curved?

jdroid80

Reaction score
That looks pretty slick. Looks like a metal plate around the camera. It actually looks different from their typical "iphone 3" replicas.

PatrickJ

Reaction score
Very nice...now where is the kickstand? How come I haven't seen a kickstand on any new HTC phones? I love using my kickstand on the Tbolt!

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Guess its still gonna be running gingerbread by the looks of those buttons

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score
Not necessarily bud. Google has stated that ICS can function with the hard touch buttons.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily bud. Google has stated that ICS can function with the hard touch buttons.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Texas Instruments was demoing OMAP 5 with ICS. It had capacitive buttons on the demo device. I dont get why ppl think if it has capacitive or hard buttons it wont run ICS...lol. I dont think Google is starting to limit choice in Android land that quick

[video=youtube;otJWg1hVM8w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otJWg1hVM8w[/video]

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Texas Instruments was demoing OMAP 5 with ICS. It had capacitive buttons on the demo device. I dont get why ppl think if it has capacitive or hard buttons it wont run ICS...lol. I dont think Google is starting to limit choice in Android land that quick

HOLY CRAP......that thing it SUPER thick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is the phone my Incredible will be retired for, been waiting for this beast since all the rumors hit the web late last year.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

I actually prefer the capacitive buttons...but that's just me.