LG X3 Unveiled; More Quad-Core Phones to the 2012 Deathmatch

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
LG-X3.jpg

This year is going to be a deathmatch of quad-core processor phones and tablets. We've heard about the Fujitsu quad-core phone, then we heard about the HTC Edge/Endeavor quad-core beast, and the SGS3 might be a quad-core. Now it looks like LG is bringing their big guns to the party too. The LG X3 was just outed over on Pocketnow. Here's a breakdown of "known" components for the device:
  • NVIDIA Tegra 3 Quad-core CPU
  • A whopping 4.7 inches HD Screen (1280x720)
  • 8MP Rear Camera and 1.3MP Front
  • 16GB on a microSD card.
  • Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich from the factory
  • 21Mbps HSPA or LTE depending on region and carrier
  • 2000mAh
  • NFC
These specs are even more impressive when you take into account that the device is supposedly staying slim at less than 9mm. More than likely the X3 name is just an internal codename. We expect to hear something official on the device some time during Mobile World Congress in February, or CTIA in May at the latest.

Source: Pocketnow

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich from the factory
either the picture shown is just a different phone pictured since a picture couldnt be found yet of the real phone or lg didnt get the memo about ics not needing capacitive buttons...they always have the weird button layouts too (3 icons instead of the 4 basically all android phones with capacitive buttons have)

wolstonc

Reaction score
Am I the only one thinking that lg, Motorola and HTC will make their UIs for ics use capacitive buttons? That way their current phones that get ics wont function awkwardly

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Am I the only one thinking that lg, Motorola and HTC will make their UIs for ics use capacitive buttons? That way their current phones that get ics wont function awkwardly

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

you maybe be correct.