HTC Edge: First Quad-Core Phone Revealed

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
HTC-Edge.jpg

Now that dual-core phones are a dime a dozen, what's next? Quad-core phones, like this leaked HTC Edge, if the photos are correct.

A Nvidia Tegra 3 processor accounts for the 1.5GHz quad-core processing prowess, according to PocketNow. The Edge also supposedly boasts a 4.7-inch display with 720p HD resolution, an 8-megapixel camera with a backlit sensor and 28-millimeter, f/2.2 lens. It's also reputed to have 1GB RAM and measure about 0.4-inch thick. Sound a lot like the freshly announced HTC Rezound? As this rumor pans out, expect the specs to line up with the Rezound (except for the quad-core CPU), including LTE and a bump to an Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system. But don't expect to see it until 2012.

SOURCE: HTC Edge: First Quad-Core Phone Revealed (Images)

Last edited by a moderator:

screaminz2002

Reaction score
When is processor speed to much for the rest of the phone and the results become very diminishing? Most people and programs don't even use the full potential of quad cores in there computers right now.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
When is processor speed to much for the rest of the phone and the results become very diminishing? Most people and programs don't even use the full potential of quad cores in there computers right now.

half the power of having quad core is simply being able to say you have quad core... right? :icon_eek:

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
half the power of having quad core is simply being able to say you have quad core... right? :icon_eek:
yea pretty much. it seems that bumping the cores is what brings in customers.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
They really need to do away with the capacitive buttons already. After seeing the on-screen buttons on Honeycomb and ICS devices, the hard (soft?) buttons just seem out of date. Or is it just me?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
They really need to do away with the capacitive buttons already. After seeing the on-screen buttons on Honeycomb and ICS devices, the hard (soft?) buttons just seem out of date. Or is it just me?

I'm with ya. I say so long to the buttons!

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Quad core on phones huh? My laptop is a quad core and there have only been a few times where I've actually needed all of that power (damn you CATIA).

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A month or so back someone claimed to have a test version of the Nexus and it had hard buttons with the explanation that they were there since the phone had to be tested on GB because ICS wasn't ready yet but they would be removed in the final device. It's entirely possible this could the same case, but doubtful as this seems to be a fairly "official" looking media shot.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Also, how big would this be with a 4.7" screen AND hard buttons? A lot of people feel that the Nexus can only get away with the 4.65" because it includes the software buttons.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
eh its to big....or the battery is to small....the colors ugly.....the build is too beefy....to much metal...it weights to much....it have gorilla glass we want lotus....the battery is to big we could never use that much MAH.....the it doesnt have an SD card...it has an SD card but only take 32gb or larger and who can afford that, the pixel density isnt enough, the screen uses to much power, it has an ugly pentile screen, it doesnt use a amoled screen, the screen is to nice, the phone has to much power, 1.5ghz is to high, 1.5ghz isnt enough, quad core is to much, quad core isnt enough, it didnt have 3d camera, the camera isnt good enough, thats an old camera, the camera uses to much battery, it only has 1 led, the speaker is horrible. the speaker is to loud, the speaker isnt loud enough, the phone doesnt have a subwoofer, the phone has a subwoofer and it shakes when i play music

Right???!!!!!!!! Did i forget anything??

Last edited:

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
eh its to big....or the battery is to small....the colors ugly.....the build is too beefy....to much metal...it weights to much....it have gorilla glass we want lotus....the battery is to big we could never use that much MAH.....the it doesnt have an SD card...it has an SD card but on take 32gb or larger and who can afford that! the pixel density isnt enough, the screen uses to much power, it has an ugly pentile screen, it doesnt use a amoled screen, the screen is to nice, the phone has to much power, 1.5ghz is to high, 1.5ghz isnt enough, quad core is to much, quad core isnt enough.

Right???!!!!!!!!

I'll take "What is the definition of a Troll Post?" for $300, Alex. :D

This is why it is good the VZW is finally getting such a healthy inventory of phones... should be something for everyone out there by Christmas or shortly after!

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
It has more to do with the operating system than the application itself. If Android 4.0 can take advantage of quad core phones/tablets, then it could have the application run on one core and maintain the rest of the OS duties on the other three.

djsiva

Reaction score

True. I've got a quad-core i7 laptop, and I can assure you that I rarely ever have the need to tap into that power.