The TBolt Also has a Camcorder Audio Problem - Fix is "On the Way"

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
htc-thunderbolt-camera.jpg

Yesterday we reported that the HTC Thunderbolt had some buggy issues with 3G connectivity in a non-4G area, and that it was easily fixed. Today we have word that the phone could have an audio problem with its camcorder, but it isn't quite so easily fixed. Luckily, HTC is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. Supposedly, the issue is that sometimes the sound is fine, but other times it is muffled or completely gone. Speculation is that it has something to do with the "noise cancellation" technology in the phone.

HTC has said they are working on a fix, but that the issue may not get resolved until Android 2.3/Gingerbread for the HTC comes out in the next few months. In the mean-time,
...some users say that a temporary fix can be found by covering the noise canceling microphone. Others have suggested using a third-party video recording app.
Have any of you early adopters of the TBolt experienced either of these issues? Share in the forums.

Source: Phonearena
Picture Credit: Skattertech

blitzburgh39

Reaction score
I just got the TB today and i can confirm there is an issue. It gets real crisp and loud at some points. and then reallllly low and hard to hear at other points.

Not really an issue for me though.

NickWBurns

Reaction score
When Android 2.3/Gingerbread update comes out, will I be able to download through settings>software update or will I have to do anything else? thanks