The Samsung/Google Galaxy Nexus/Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Launch Event Times

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-google-nexus-story-top.jpg

The Samsung/Google Galaxy Nexus/Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich marketing announcement will come tonight. As exciting as this morning's new Droid RAZR announcement from Motorola was, the launch of a flagship Nexus device along with the device-merging Google ICS OS could potentially trump Motorola's show. Either way, today is turning out to be a huge day for Android fans, and heralds a bright future of amazing technology. When the event goes live tonight we will be watching with bated breath along with you, and for those that miss the event, we will post all the goodies right here on the front page. Here's a list of some of the timezones for the Samsung/Google event:
  • 04:00PM - Hawaii (October 18th)
  • 07:00PM - Pacific (October 18th)
  • 08:00PM - Mountain (October 18th)
  • 09:00PM - Central (October 18th)
  • 10:00PM - Eastern (October 18th)
  • 03:00AM - London (October 19th)
  • 04:00AM - Paris (October 19th)
  • 06:00AM - Moscow (October 19th)
  • 11:00AM - Tokyo (October 19th)
Since the event was originally planned for CTIA on October the 11th, but was postponed, we decided to use the same event teaser pic from then. It's crazy what an exciting day this has been and is yet still to be!

Engadget is having a LiveBlog!, here. If we find a live video host site please let me know so I can add it to this post for everyone.

Thanks to our tipsters, Trusstopher, OriginalDroid & patmw123, we are pretty sure that you will be able to watch things on Android's YouTube channel, here.

One of our members, sbenson, already created a topic similar to this one over at Official Ice Cream Sandwich/Galaxy Nexus Unveiling Thread. Feel free to head to his link for any "Opinions and Discussions" about the unveling tonight. We will be creating a separate news story this evening with a recap of the event.

Last edited:

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I believe it will be streamed on youtube.com/android. I am not 100% but I am sure I read this on atleast two different occasions.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
SO EXCITED about Ice Cream. Can't wait til CM9 is out with it. The Nexus may just be my next phone. With all that is included in it, I don't think I'll have a need to root, but probably will =P