The "Official" Waiting for an Update Thread

gernerttl

Reaction score
Was the tests before and after swapping out your SIM done at the same time of day both times? If not, your results could be skewed. Verizon could have been experiencing network problems during that time too.

Other factors like server loads and excessive network traffic will affect your download speed as well. Even just being on another part of the building can effect signal strength and quality.

MyDroid23

Reaction score
I recall a forum support person telling me that the radios and the 4.0.4 update fixed any and all issues pertaining to dropped calls and data. If that was the case everyone that owns a G-Nex would have received the OTA already!!! Verizon is going down hill in customer service and the no I can't hear you now, cuz my phone drops calls.

wolfman4u

Reaction score
MyDroid23 said:
I recall a forum support person telling me that the radios and the 4.0.4 update fixed any and all issues pertaining to dropped calls and data. If that was the case everyone that owns a G-Nex would have received the OTA already!!! Verizon is going down hill in customer service and the no I can't hear you now, cuz my phone drops calls.

This phone unfortunately has fallen into the "fail" category. It kinda makes me angry as the last 2 phones (this one and the fascinate) are both failures now. They both could have been great phones with a small amount of attention and just ONE timely update. I thought the Google thing on this one would have made it a standout. No accessories or should I say few haven't helped either. I went to a verizon store the other day and when I asked about the latest and greatest, they were pushing maxx's and razrs. Several phones come up (a bionic even come up in the conversation LOL) , but not one mention of a nexus. So here we are waiting for something that may not be in existence 4.0.5, and to think what could have been is sickening.

rjcapp

Reaction score
wolfman4u said:
This phone unfortunately has fallen into the "fail" category. It kinda makes me angry as the last 2 phones (this one and the fascinate) are both failures now. They both could have been great phones with a small amount of attention and just ONE timely update. I thought the Google thing on this one would have made it a standout. No accessories or should I say few haven't helped either. I went to a verizon store the other day and when I asked about the latest and greatest, they were pushing maxx's and razrs. Several phones come up (a bionic even come up in the conversation LOL) , but not one mention of a nexus. So here we are waiting for something that may not be in existence 4.0.5, and to think what could have been is sickening.

I totally agree. Ive had a tbolt, bionic, and nexus and the nexus is by far the worst. ICS is awesome but connection wise the nexus falls way short. It gets old not being able to make a phone call and signal drop outs. I've learned to live with it but regret buying the nexus.. . I can't wait to get a new phone. Looking forward to an iPhone with a larger screen and 4g.

Djanvk

Reaction score
I see everyone talking about 4.04 and 4.05 but was there a 4.03? My GNEx still says 4.02, did I miss something?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I see everyone talking about 4.04 and 4.05 but was there a 4.03? My GNEx still says 4.02, did I miss something?

4.0.3 was only pushed to the Nexus S. And no you haven't missed anything. 4.0.2 was the last official build that was pushed to all users. If you want 4.0.4 it is available for download.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Djanvk

Reaction score
4.0.3 was only pushed to the Nexus S. And no you haven't missed anything. 4.0.2 was the last official build that was pushed to all users. If you want 4.0.4 it is available for download.

Thanks for the reply, was worried my Nexus wasn't updating like it should.

wolfman4u

Reaction score
Djanvk said:
Thanks for the reply, was worried my Nexus wasn't updating like it should.

Well I think you got it when you said "wasn't updating like it should" LOL because it AINT updating at all.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I think you got it when you said "wasn't updating like it should" LOL because it AINT updating at all.

LOL. Ain't it the truth? Damn CDMA patents and damn Verizon! It's just more reason for me to switch to a GSM carrier for the next Nexus. The only thing holding me back is Verizon's extensive coverage and that I still have unlimited data. Once buying full retail no longer keeps me grandfathered, I'll be out.

Reaction score
I totally agree. Ive had a tbolt, bionic, and nexus and the nexus is by far the worst. ICS is awesome but connection wise the nexus falls way short. It gets old not being able to make a phone call and signal drop outs. I've learned to live with it but regret buying the nexus.. . I can't wait to get a new phone. Looking forward to an iPhone with a larger screen and 4g.

i have the bionic and nexus as well, and the bionic always gets far worse signal :D

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I "had" the Bionic and am much happier with my GNex.

Would be nice to see an update before the next one comes out.

OP
Crankintopwater69

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hopefully rjcapp this update will chgn your mind and get rid of your issues.

Reaction score
If nothing shows up this week for an update, I'll be looking into flashing 4.04.

Anyone in Southern Maine installed the 4.04 update to the Gnex, and willing to give me a hand doing it?

Steve

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
So 4.0.4 isn't the latest update? Should I flash back to stock 4.0.2?

4.0.4 is not technically an official build since it wasn't pushed to all users. That said, I have no idea why you would flash back. The 4.0.4 fixed a lot of issues.