New Findings and Fixes thread for Droid 2.0.1 OTA updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

VitsDroid

Reaction score
Guys, I apologize in advanced if this has already been talked about here, but Im having issues with weather while on the dock. Not a big deal but it started after the update. Anyone having the same issues? If so, anyone knows why is happening? Any around solution? Thanks!

Had this issue and it resolved it self. i think it was the accu weather site that had that issue.

VitsDroid

Reaction score
have not had the browser choppiness many complain about. i use the stock browser, dont like dolphin browser. have an ipod touch an dont like the pinch zoom and use the tap. taping seems to be more efficient to me.

the only issue i am having is not being able to send mms. i get sms and mms and can send sms but cant send mms. opened a ticket with verizon, and they say its a network thing because i can receive both, any thoughts?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
have not had the browser choppiness many complain about. i use the stock browser, dont like dolphin browser. have an ipod touch an dont like the pinch zoom and use the tap. taping seems to be more efficient to me.

the only issue i am having is not being able to send mms. i get sms and mms and can send sms but cant send mms. opened a ticket with verizon, and they say its a network thing because i can receive both, any thoughts?

Install Handcent

just remember to disable notifications in the stock messaging app if you do install Handcent! (open Messaging app > menu > settings > disable notification

jahtv98

Reaction score
Guys, I apologize in advanced if this has already been talked about here, but Im having issues with weather while on the dock. Not a big deal but it started after the update. Anyone having the same issues? If so, anyone knows why is happening? Any around solution? Thanks!

Had this issue and it resolved it self. i think it was the accu weather site that had that issue.

Thanks and you were right, last night it fixed itself.

jahtv98

Reaction score
Which is a good GPS STATUS app to download? I also encounter problems with GPS navigation oftely

jstrick5

Reaction score
Facebook widget and contact status updates are occuring on their own in the background now with facebook sync off!?

Not sure if this has been covered or not but before the update if I turned facebook sync OFF, my contact's facebook status would not update and the built in facebook widget would not update friends status. I was cool with this as I would rather not waste the battery on the 3g push updates to do this (if u have a large # of friends, the updates can be frequent pushes). Now with the update I've noticed my facebook widget picks up new status's all the time and my contacts always have updated status's.

Anyone else experience this?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Facebook widget and contact status updates are occuring on their own in the background now with facebook sync off!?

Not sure if this has been covered or not but before the update if I turned facebook sync OFF, my contact's facebook status would not update and the built in facebook widget would not update friends status. I was cool with this as I would rather not waste the battery on the 3g push updates to do this (if u have a large # of friends, the updates can be frequent pushes). Now with the update I've noticed my facebook widget picks up new status's all the time and my contacts always have updated status's.

Anyone else experience this?

have you re-checked your settings? I know the update did revert settings in some applications for some people... myself included.

jstrick5

Reaction score
Yeah, first thing I did. Facebook sync is off. I do have the "overall sync" set to on via the power strip but the individual facebook sync is off in the main settings.

Stange - again, previous to the update if facebook sync was off i would get no facebook widget status's updating new, or the little box next to a contact wouldn't show their current status.

Can someone do some testing to see if they're experiencing the same thing? Throw a facebook widget out on a homescreen and turn facebook sync off. Check to see if facebook widget shows new status's with "posted x minutes ago" continue to refresh in the widget.

srothkin

Reaction score
Since getting 2.0.1 my Droid seems to periodically (about once every day or two) stop responding. I can unlock it (pattern lock screen) but then the home screen (Panda Home) doesn't respond to taps, not even a swipe down of the notification bar.

When it gets into this state, I have to power off/reboot the phone. Sometimes I have to pull the battery because even the power off doesn't respond.

Today my car twice reported that it couldn't make a bluetooth connection to the phone when I turned the car on. After the 2nd time when I unlocked the phone I found it was again in this non-responsive state and was quite warm as well. After I pulled the battery and rebooted the phone it resumed properly connecting to my car.

Prior to the 2.0.1 update I never had any of these kinds of issues. They started within a day of the 2.0.1 update being pushed to my phone.

67malibugirl

Reaction score
I pushed to the left and muted the phone, then pushed to the left again and it brought the sound back.

palpacino

Reaction score
Text Messaging Now Longer Comes Up When Clicked?

Before the update, when I dragged the panel down from the top and pushed on a new text message, it would, of course, bring that message up and I could start typing a reply.

Now, it doesn't bring it up to the foreground, but rather brings up the messaging program in general or the last message that I was typing.

No joke and in all seriousness, I got burned about noon on the day of the update. I had a text message opened up that I was conversating back and forth with my new ex-gf with and then my buddy sent me a message that was just a few words so I read it as it came through the top panel. I drug the panel down, clicked on his name, and started typing away. I sent three long messages telling him all about some stuff.

Turns out, I sent it to her. The message that it brought up to the screen was still her message from earlier.

What the hell?

I am using Handcent. But still, damn.

A day later, I did it again, by the way, even though I knew better. It is just a month-old habit to jump straight in and start typing a response. Now I have to go back to the message list and find the person that just text me and click on them and pay extra, extra close attention to make sure that I am typing to who I want to send it to. I even get a really scary feeling when I hit send on a personal type message because I hope I am reading the persons name right even though I am looking right at it, lol.

Anyone else see this type of issue?

Also, I am very surprised to see the sheer number of different issues that people are having with the update. I mean, what the heck? You'd think that there could be only a small number of things that could go wrong... not an infinite number of random things breaking...

windstrings

Reaction score
I don't use the quick compose in Handcent.. I prefer seeing all the last messages I've conversed back and forth with.

You may like the conversation widget that now comes with GDE.. it shows a chronological list of who you have conversed with.. it may help keep the ducks lined up.

smilepak

Reaction score
Anyone notice after the upgrade to 2.0.1, now whenever you use the car dock and disconnect from car dock, all the icons on home screen disappear? It requires reboot to bring it back?

Status
Not open for further replies.