New Findings and Fixes thread for Droid 2.0.1 OTA updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandy007

Reaction score
I am happy to announce I got mine on Tuesday, and it took care of so much. I am so glad to have it! Night and day difference, lag fixed, and more stability for a rooted Droid!

NICE!!:icon_ banana:

Can't wait for the future updates, I hope having my Droid rooted will not cause any problems with future updates; anyone know the answer to that?

vatothe0

Reaction score
Has anyone had a problem gps flat out not working after the update? Mine works fine but my girlfriend's phone won't find gps even after reboots, battery pulls, waiting 40 minutes etc...

windstrings

Reaction score
Has anyone had a problem gps flat out not working after the update? Mine works fine but my girlfriend's phone won't find gps even after reboots, battery pulls, waiting 40 minutes etc...

What are you doing to conclude it doesnt work?

I have a little app called "a2b" and there is a free accompanying app called "radar".
it becomes pretty obvious if the gps is working as it accurate to a few feet.

The radar is too cool as you can save a location and then when your away from that location it shows either on map or radar the miles and feet you are from it and the exact direction..... after the update it works even better.. not sure if thats due to the app being updated "because it was" or the Droid.. but it would be a good way for you to test.

Last edited:

vatothe0

Reaction score

What are you doing to conclude it doesnt work?

I have a little app called "a2b" and there is a free accompanying app called "radar".
it becomes pretty obvious if the gps is working as it accurate to a few feet.

Google maps and navigation have the giant blue circle and say "searching for gps".

windstrings

Reaction score
Google maps and navigation have the giant blue circle and say "searching for gps".

I must state the obvious... are you outside or at least close to a window when your trying to access satellite coordinates in the sky above?.....

if so, you may need to reflash the phone with the manual update again.... but first you could reset settings to default factory or you could take it back which means you walk away with the same situation.. a phone with factory defaults.

vatothe0

Reaction score
Yes. We were in a car on the freeway in a wide open area. Her phone would search for gps forever and my phone would lock on in about 10 seconds.

I'll try reloading the update. Is there a process for rolling back to 2.0?

windstrings

Reaction score
Yes. We were in a car on the freeway in a wide open area. Her phone would search for gps forever and my phone would lock on in about 10 seconds.

I'll try reloading the update. Is there a process for rolling back to 2.0?

At this point you would need the 2.0 firmware and I wouldn't recommend it.
Maybe get another file of the 2.0.1 if anything..

There is no reason why your phone would have hardware issues with the 2.0.1 and not also have it with updateing or "down" dating to the 2.0......

If you send me a PM with your email.I can send you the 2.0.1 if you like unless your good with getting it yourself but maybe good not to use the one you did before.

windstrings

Reaction score
make sure your gps is enabled in settings/ locations

Now that would be down right comical if thats the problem!.... could he be so lucky?

LOL , it might have gotten unchecked when they did the update , always make sure it has gas when it wont start :rofl3:

yep... I did a few changes with the update ..... better check your brightness setting too.. mine was changed, and had to recreate another gallery shortcut and one other program I can't remember... maybe maps or something... anyway... I"m amazed it upgraded as smooth as it did.

srothkin

Reaction score

I had a problem with the original 2.0 where initially it wouldn't find the GPS in navigation (through 15 minutes of driving from home to work). I resolved it by running the GPS Status app (from the market) and waiting until it showed me it locked onto all the satellites (which it was able to do even from inside my office building). After I did that, the GPS has worked fine (even with 2.0.1).

So try downloading GPS Status from the market and see if this helps.

windstrings

Reaction score
that sounds right... the same way some people have to delete thier wifi connection and reconnect due to settings being different, I could see that working for gps also... as we know networking stuff is quite fickle.

windstrings

Reaction score
One new problem I had after the update is that the update deleted all my default number associations... in other words, there are no checkmarks anymore in my contacts showing which number is default....

I had to go through my 450 contacts and reassign them.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
One new problem I had after the update is that the update deleted all my default number associations... in other words, there are no checkmarks anymore in my contacts showing which number is default....

I had to go through my 450 contacts and reassign them.

yuck.... must've been fun fun!!

Status
Not open for further replies.