The "Official" Waiting for an Update Thread

OP
Crankintopwater69

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I do have something interesting to add....

The last 2 days, I have not been able to receive text messages (but could make calls and use data). I finally went to send a text message and I got a "You are not connected to a network" error. So I called Verizon and we went through several steps including a factory reset. Then this happened

Rep: "There's one more thing we can try. I'm going to push this update to you and see if it helps."

Me: "There's an update?"

Rep: "Well it hasn't been officially released yet and I can't give you all the details about what's included, but I'll push it and see if it helps."

Me: "Ok!"

Of course, the update didn't come through. He told me that was odd and that he'd order me a new phone that would be here tomorrow. I was hoping I'd have something more to give you guys, but since it never came through, all I can do is tell the story.

So, apparently the official push (of whatever build it is) is not too far away.
I'll take it!!!

OP
Crankintopwater69

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hate to ask, but take what (exactly)? Or should I say what do you think we are going to get?
The hope that the update would be soon pushed too the masses.The Rep tried too push the update too his phone,just one more glemmer of hope.Thats what I meant by "Ill take it!!"

HikenGruven

Reaction score
I had a rep try to convince me that my GNex was still on 4.0 when I called. :). Besides, Google is pushing the updates, I mean Samsung, I mean Verizon, no wait....

OP
Crankintopwater69

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had a rep try to convince me that my GNex was still on 4.0 when I called. :). Besides, Google is pushing the updates, I mean Samsung, I mean Verizon, no wait....
I guess VZW told Reps and Techs too say-We're(VZW),waiting on Samsung too release update.

trolldroid

Reaction score
far too many things are wrong with this phone, most regrettable phone purchase of my life, i doubt this update does anything to improve the many problems with this phone.

Saryon

Reaction score
far too many things are wrong with this phone, most regrettable phone purchase of my life, i doubt this update does anything to improve the many problems with this phone.

I also regretted my purchase until I flashed a custom ROM, kernel and radios. Have you tried that? I'm running AOKP milestone 5 with Franco kernel milestone 3 and the stock 4.0.4 radios.

billyk

Reaction score

Sorry to hear it.

I live in an opposite world. Even with the current VZW version of ICS, for me the GNex is amazing, on every front. It far outpaces any phone I've owned date - and I've owned quite a few.

Looking forward to what the next ICS release has in store.

Mooselodge24

Reaction score
I'm waiting for an update too b/c i'm sick of the phone constantly restarting esp when i'm in the middle of phone calls. They told me that there should be something this month as far as an update is concerned. I had a tier 2 tech call me to follow up since i called about the restarting problem and all he said was there's still no word on update and all. Kinda hope something comes soon or else they said I can do a "lateral move" as far as swapping out for another phone.

davidwar

Reaction score
OK, the file I downloaded was not a zip file. It did not do anything once I downloaded (like install anything)

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK, the file I downloaded was not a zip file. It did not do anything once I downloaded (like install anything)

How are you trying to install it? Are you rooted or unlocked?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2