★★★ The "Official" I got my DROID BIONIC Thread ★★★

hustlinjoe

Reaction score
When u root u void ur warranty the only thing good for rooting that I have found out is taking screenshots amongst other small things ...too me I haven't found a reason good enough to root my phone yet but that's just me I'm sure other people who have more pros to rooting that I can provide can help u decide

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Just Rooted using the method off of Droid-Life. Worked perfectly. Currently restoring all my apps and data with my backup Pro from my DX. I'll be back to normal in no time at all. Let's just hope there's a work around for the bootloader!

Are you using your old SD card or new one? Im use backup pro but not for rooted. Sucks hitting install and accept for every app. I put my old SD card in it..

djgriffin

Reaction score
Got my bionic this morning, Love the speed, screen etc. I have one major complaint. When you add an account for email or any of the social media apps, read the privacy information in the terms of service link. Motorola is collecting everything including date of birth, contact information, calendar account credentials, payment card information, user names and passwords, social network credentials, location. How you use your device: installation and use of application and the list goes on and on..

I will wait for root to remove the bloatware installed by Motorola!

I purchased the battery dock that comes with and extra battery for $30. I have always used the doc to charge one while using one, then I exchange daily. This has worked great for the last two years with OG and Pete' GPA roms...

More to come and thanks to all who have submitted information so far!

scdown

Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster, hello all!

VZW Store at Colorado and Evans in Denver had a few people waiting outside, not all of whom were there for the Bionic. I was probably the first one to get one at that location, and when I turned around, there were about 15 people milling about looking at the Bionic. The manager told me I was lucky to get in when I did, as a lot of the people just arriving were getting phones for multiple lines (4 or 5 in some cases).

With my wife's corporate discount on the account, I got $50 off the phone and 25% off all accessories. Bought the battery dock and holster. I'm not sure about the other docks because I don't know if they'll fit with the holster (my impression is no).

Initial impressions:

1) FAST, but QS and Antutu benchmarks are inconsistent at this time. I want to run some more to see if the numbers stabilize and get back.
2) I think that I need to get the phone closer to my eye than my progressives will allow to see the subpixel pattern that people hate with PenTile.
3) Screen is not as rich in color as my OG Droid, or the AMOLED screens I've seen. Have yet to get it outside. White text in a browser looks fine to me.
4) Zumocast is neat, and hopefully not full of security holes.
5) Why won't VZW let us uninstall crapware? After an SBF arrives, and enough people have rooted to convince me it's stable, I'll do it just to clean up the phone.
6) The MOTOBlur that must not be named is not as obnoxious as I thought. I'll probably still put LauncherPro Plus on it.
7) Build quality is good - My OG Droid was a tank and it felt like one - this has a lighter but not insubstantial feel
8) I hated the OG Droid physical keyboard, and the onscreen portrait keyboard was too narrow for thumbs. It's nice to have a little breathing room on the Bionic's portraint keyboard.
9) Swype. Nice that it's pre-installed, as it's actually useful.
10) Isn't Blockbuster going under?
11) Took a retry on activation - probably 15 minutes or so. No big deal - I left the store and it eventually worked. 
12) I don't really think we need more DROID branded sounds, do we?

This is a good upgrade for my Droid, which was limping. I know it won't be king of the hill for long, and that's fine. I want a phone that will perform reasonably well for 20 months, and I don't think Charge, TBolt, and Revolution will hold up to apps that arrive in that time frame.

Good luck to anyone trying to get it!

anuraj1

Reaction score
Alright, first in line at my VZW store, just got it. Burning through the battery!

Snow02

Reaction score
For those with activation issues, make sure you turn your old phone off. The phone won't provision data correctly until you do, or it may take much longer than necessary.

Last edited:

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Not to go off topic but backup pro doesnt reinstall all the apps, maybe 1/8 of the ones I backed up ..

Tillmorn

Reaction score
Got it! Unfortunately, SC is having problems with their 3G network recognizing the Bionic for some reason. Thankfully, I live in Columbia, which is 4G dancedroid

4G network is extremely fast, and everything runs smooth as silk. Almost too smooth...
Only complaint: It's a bit light for my taste. Guess I just liked the weight of my now retired Eris.

Also got the $30 extra battery and battery dock. Funny thing is, my store was supposed to be selling them for $49.99, not the $29.99 deal they gave me. The reps argued for a good five minutes, then my guy came back and said since he had already quoted the price that he'd honor it and damn the price they wanted me to pay. Nice guy.

Gremlin

Reaction score
Well called a Costco near to my work and put my name in when it comes in stock. after 5 mins he calls me back and was there in 10 mins to pick mine up. I was second in line and they had 15. All 15 were sold in 20 minutes. But a friend of mine went to Costco at 9am.. and found their shipment has not arrived..

Phone is fast and waiting for it to fully get charged before I play with it.. The colors are not that vivid i like it to be.. but hey. got the phone for $279 with accessories that are free. I am doubtful I would get that deal with Prime..

SgtMike

Reaction score
Anyone know if there is a way to take off the text message limit? It only lets me go to 1000, while my OG droid could have unlimited.

wseyller

Reaction score
After 5 hours of no activation I called support. Had me do a hard reset. Not sure if she did anything on her end, but now i'm good to go. Flipping Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

pyromedic

Reaction score
got mine today, fresh off the truck, first one in town to get it. its saaaaweeeetttt