The Official: I am having reception issues thread

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There is enough people with this issue that make me think there may be something to this. At the same time not every one is having an issue. If you are having issues you first need to email verizon and in that email you need to post your average signal strength. I recommend you get 5 days of data so you can get a good average. Please in your email do not post that you have "1 or 2 bars" of 4g. Bars do not mean anything and if they think its just issues with bars they will just raise them. You need to go into settings, about phone, signal strength and put your average dBm in the email. (example: I average betwwn -110dBm to -130dBm). Providing them with physical data will help them more with testing than emailing about how many bars you have. After you emailed vzw then you can post your anger here. If you did not email vzw then crying and moaning is just wasting everyone's time. The 10 mins it take you to type an angry post could be used to send an informed email to vzw so they can build up some concrete data to better help the see how big of a problem this is and better know how to correct it. So please if you have reception problems make sure you email vzw your data so technicians can get a better feel of the issue.

Thanks and Hang in there we waited all this time to finally get our nexus and we are not gonna just give it up with out a fight so fight on. Oh and the first dev that beats vzw to the punch and provide us with a fix I have $20 I can throw in to your donation bin, sorry if 20 isnt enough but its the holidays.

DancingNexus

Last edited:
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
mt tbolt was averaging between -80 and -90 and that is optimal.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
by the way i sent my email this morning.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
It would probably be helpful to post your geographic location as well.

pilot25

Reaction score
I get a good signal almost all the time. Right now -59dBm but it frequently just completely drops off. I have to reset the phone or put it in airplane mode for 10 seconds.

Center of Philly right now.

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
It would be awesome if someone could whip together an app to record that info maybe every 30 minutes -1 hour over a 5 day period that we could then save to a file on the phone and email later.
I would donate money to them.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;95CdIpxup5Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95CdIpxup5Q[/video]

AspenSTi

Reaction score
Here's mine throughout the day, I always have reception, but it is never that great. It doesn't bother me much, but thought I might contribute...
(crap didn't upload all of them, damn phone/app, lol)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Last edited:

CdzNutz

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 2
by the way i sent my email this morning.

Sent mine just a few minutes ago. By the way running between -110 and - 130 myself. Been checking it about twice an hour for a couple of days...

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you are having calls drop make a log of it and report every incident to vzw by email and/or calling a tech rep. They take drop calls serious so if its consistent they will have yo look into it.

kimintenn

Reaction score
The best my signal has ever been is -99 and I'm in a major city that has good 4G coverage... It's usually around -120. With that being said I've only lost signal completely a few times but I never had an issue before with my OG Droid. I tested mine next to a Rezound at a Verizon store and it had -57 while mine had -110 an inch away.

Does anyone have an email for Verizon that we should use? I'm not sure if I have a bad unit or if they're all like this.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This is an issue plaguing a lot of people's nexus so it may not be a bad unit. If so then they have a huge problem. Ima post the email in the morning i am currently at work.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

mindmachine

Reaction score
Signal Issue, weak radio

Hi,

I got my nexus on the 15th and they replaced it on the 19th and still the same issue on the second phone. I had the thunderbolt before this phone and my thunderbolt was running on average 10 to 20 db better signal reading then the nexus in the same locations. MY nexus is running -93 to more often -100 to -120db in the same locations as my thunderbolt would run -83 to -93db. plus the fluculation of the nexus signal is much greater than the thunderbolt. I hate to say it but i cant live with the nexus signal problem if they continue saying there is not a problem. After my first case number they replaced the phone since i had the thunderbolt and could compare the two phones behavior in the same locations. I do no live in a 4g area yet, but my thunderbolt always had a rock solid signal and i really need that capability. My last conversation with teck support said the engineers say ther is not anything wrong with the nexus and i must have had a bad phone, so they replaced it. now i am on a second case and my second phone is no better than the first.

I hat to say it, but i may have to return it unless they give me another phone or admit there is a problem they think will be fixed down the road. back to the bolt i am afraid, even i love the nexus i cant live with a weak radio. I am running 30 to 35% without a signal where in the same location the thunderbolt almost never reporter more than 5% time without a signal and most of the time it was 0% w/o signal.