actual signal issue

coupon

Reaction score
I know there's the popular issue where the phone shows lower signal strength then what it actual has, but I have an entirely different issue where I get 3g/4g bars but it is grey instead of blue and I have no data at all. This happens in places where I clearly should have signal and the phone still varies in 1-4 bars but it's just grey. This is most easily replicated when turning on/off 4g. Is this just because it takes time to connect? If so..then that really sucks because it takes a while and I would like to be able to toggle 4g on and off more frequently to save battery.

This has also happened a few times on its own. Other then this issue, I'm fine with all the other issues/bugs I sometimes run into and love this phone.

WookieClaws

Reaction score
I know there's the popular issue where the phone shows lower signal strength then what it actual has, but I have an entirely different issue where I get 3g/4g bars but it is grey instead of blue and I have no data at all. This happens in places where I clearly should have signal and the phone still varies in 1-4 bars but it's just grey. This is most easily replicated when turning on/off 4g. Is this just because it takes time to connect? If so..then that really sucks because it takes a while and I would like to be able to toggle 4g on and off more frequently to save battery.

This has also happened a few times on its own. Other then this issue, I'm fine with all the other issues/bugs I sometimes run into and love this phone.

I have noticed the same thing when switching between 3g and 4g. I have internet as soon as the 3g or 4g symbol comes up. The bars turn blue when things are synced with Google servers. The delay between 3g and 4g is just the switch over from what I can tell.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
C

coupon

Reaction score
damn that sucks if thats a normal thing