The Official DF Droid 4 Pre-Release Thread

fingaz

Reaction score
Is it me, or are there just a ton of haters twords the D4? I never saw so many hate comments on forums (not so much on this thread) about any phone. Wtf is going on? i know its a little bit old technology (screen and processor) , but its a qwerty, and its the first 4g one. This is the new standard for qwerty's now..

They are jealous that our phone (to be) is going to be awesome. I went from a slider to a fully touch screen phone twice.. and now back to a slider. I should have never left! But I guess that is just my opinion!

amishdude01

Reaction score
They are jealous that our phone (to be) is going to be awesome. I went from a slider to a fully touch screen phone twice.. and now back to a slider. I should have never left! But I guess that is just my opinion!

I did the same thing man, voyager.. Droid x.. then d4. I cant wait!

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Is it me, or are there just a ton of haters twords the D4? I never saw so many hate comments on forums (not so much on this thread) about any phone. Wtf is going on? i know its a little bit old technology (screen and processor) , but its a qwerty, and its Motos first 4g one. This is the new standard for qwerty's now..

I've noticed that too. And a lot trying to discourage people from buying it by starting rumers of a D4maxxDE or D5 or whatever, maybe so it will fail.

I'm getting one tomorrow (if I can work it out). Or Saturday morning.dancedroid

fastpat

Reaction score
I called the local Verizon store, they have it in, but when I asked them to let me come today to pick it up, they said, "sorry, you'll have to come tomorrow to get it." They're not opening at 7AM like they did for the iPhone intro, just regular hours.

R2D|2OID

Reaction score
All the hating on this phone is ignorant. The phone is perfect. I'll be picking mine up at 8:00AM! dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

Its been a long wait. I've been craving this phone harder and harder since the December 8th letdown. I was even considering paying full price for it at one point..

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually EVERY new phone has its share of haters. The biggest I noticed in my experience was the Gnex vs Razr vs rezound. I never laughed so hard at all the negative comments. Most times its pure jealousy and the all too familiar " My phone is better!" Lol.. so don't think its device specific...lol peace and enjoy the D4 I love all the droids and my D2 was solid...

:cool:

You've been tapped by the Drummer...

tdpolo26

Reaction score
its live on droiddoes for buy it now but when it links through it says not available any minute now and it should go live i hope!!!!!

Last edited:

tdpolo26

Reaction score
Anyone received any messages from Motorola about the release. I'm hoping to score one online so I won't have to do the store visit.

You prolly wont see any emails its kinda a email phishing scam thy did the same thing with the gnex. Well verizone that is. Don't get ur hopes to high for any email it is live on droiddoes.com or but link is blank

tdpolo26

Reaction score
Its live its live. Go in through ur mobile through droid does they prolly had to wait til 1230 eastern time when west coast stores closed

tuffD1

Reaction score
IF! Anyone gets this D4, I would like to know how the speaker quality is compared to the D1. Thanks in advance :)

Sent from my MavD³

fastpat

Reaction score
I guess we have to move onto a release thread since it's out now.

I ordered mine this morning via phone call, will be here Monday. $149.99, plus a window mount for the car. All Droid 1 chargers fit, plus I'll get a new charger with the phone.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
IF! Anyone gets this D4, I would like to know how the speaker quality is compared to the D1. Thanks in advance :)

Sent from my MavD³

:) "IF!"
You're funny LOL

Sent from my Droid 1 using DroidForums