Welcome to the Droid 4 Forum!

akhi216

Reaction score
I do not disagree with your point of view, however the Droid industry is a fast-moving product because of the different vendor that this industry carries (it's not a bad thing because we have a lot options). The only issue that I am seeing, is the fact that I am buying a new phone today and there is a new version of my phone tomorrow.

Sent from my AK47 Droid X using Tapatalk

It's not just that but it's the fact that buy the time you buy that new phone it's vaporware as they have something better in production.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

TC_Mits

Reaction score
Nexus on black Friday. D4 mid-Dec.

Perspective instantiates reality.
( By DX w/DF app. )

Happy turkey day to all!

Update: At one point stores were told to prepare for a Nexus release tomorrow. Then vzw changed its mind. I am actually pleased because that could mean people are 'not buying' the idea of a hardwired battery. Akhi216's you-tube 'vzw boardroom' cartoon may be very true indeed. But, for me, it's still not true enough because, if the RAZR is about breaking us in to accept hardwired batteries, then the Nexus serves exactly the same vzw purpose for SD cards.

The more I reflect about it, the more I realize that if I can't have a phone with all 4 features:
1- 5 row keyboard
2- 4G LTE
3- SD card
4- replaceable battery
Then I don't want a smart phone at all.

Epic 4G anyone? Or maybe a wifi netbook w/skype...

( By DX w/DF app. )

Last edited:

akhi216

Reaction score
The more I reflect about it, the more I realize that if I can't have a phone with all 4 features:
1- 5 row keyboard
2- 4G LTE
3- SD card
4- replaceable battery
Then I don't want a smart phone at all.

Then I take it you'd like the Samsung Stratosphere assuming that a dual-core processor isn't important to you.

akhi216

Reaction score
The Stratosphere has all of the things that you mentioned that you needed. I couldn't buy it because I want a phone that has a dual-core processor. Sadly, VZW forces a tradeoffs on us for wanting that just like they force tradeoffs with phones that have keyboards. I don't buy spare batteries because I don't travel and I always have my charger with me wherever I go, thus the non-removable battery on the Droid 4 will be a non-issue to to me. However, I don't not like it and I wouldn't prefer it.

TC_Mits

Reaction score
Then I take it you'd like the Samsung Stratosphere assuming that a dual-core processor isn't important to you.

Stratosphere strikes me as mediocre at best - barely 6 weeks old and already dated. If it's all there is...
Saying our choices are forced on us means that vzw has its own agenda independent of user preferences. I agree; I don't think it is as market-driven as many posters assume.

( By DX w/DF app. )

TC_Mits

Reaction score
Just must confess I did not see the D4 released before the Nexus - even if it's only by one day; vzw slipped that one by me.

( By DX w/DF app. )