The Official DF Droid 4 Pre-Release Thread

tdpolo26

Reaction score
well i stand corrected you did the pretty much impossible!!!!! nice going how do you like it.... and how on earth did you friend pull that off??????

seelzjr

Reaction score
I like it a lot the keyboard is really nice def a huge upgrade from the droid 2. Its so much faster too and the screen looks a lot clearer. I actually broke my droid 2 last week and he had given me a loaner phone to use until this came out and a hour later he called me he was in the store when they got them so he grabbed me one. I probably actually ended overpaying by paying $220 for it if the reports are right that it will be 169.99 with the upgrade, but i also got a $50 rebate so its pretty much the same.

tdpolo26

Reaction score
I like it a lot the keyboard is really nice def a huge upgrade from the droid 2. Its so much faster too and the screen looks a lot clearer. I actually broke my droid 2 last week and he had given me a loaner phone to use until this came out and a hour later he called me he was in the store when they got them so he grabbed me one. I probably actually ended overpaying by paying $220 for it if the reports are right that it will be 169.99 with the upgrade, but i also got a $50 rebate so its pretty much the same.
Well that is pretty cool....cant wait to get mine. i am going to best buy for the 50 dollar giftcard and i have a 45 day return policy cause i am a silver member so if i sniff a maxx back the d4 goes

amishdude01

Reaction score

Thats sick man. Im super jealous. Are the Led's on the keyboard blueish or white? i cant seem to get a clear answer anywhere. Hows the battery life so far? =/

RoninX

Reaction score
CNET has a good first look at the Droid 4.

According to the article, the Droid 4's keyboard is superb and "gloriously engineered."

Can't wait for Friday...

seelzjr

Reaction score
Thats sick man. Im super jealous. Are the Led's on the keyboard blueish or white? i cant seem to get a clear answer anywhere. Hows the battery life so far? =/

The keyboard leds are white and the battery life is pretty good nothing amazing but it will last a full day even with pretty heavey usage.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
It's not on the Verizon site either. Just checked. Thought it would be for preorder.

fingaz

Reaction score
It's not on the Verizon site either. Just checked. Thought it would be for preorder.

yeah, I don't see it anywhere. I'll have to call my local store to see if they have it in. I guess (to some people) the Droid 4 isn't as special as the iPhone4.

rhindon

Reaction score
I was chatting with a rep (online chat) who said the phone makers dictate how and when a phone is released. I said, they won't "let you" promote it? She said that "may be" the case. I don't buy it given all the promo Razr got, but obviously I'm not in house at Verizon making decisions either.

daryls61

Reaction score
I wont be able to get phone until after work tomorrow. I hope it is not too busy at Best Buy.

amishdude01

Reaction score
Is it me, or are there just a ton of haters twords the D4? I never saw so many hate comments on forums (not so much on this thread) about any phone. Wtf is going on? i know its a little bit old technology (screen and processor) , but its a qwerty, and its Motos first 4g one. This is the new standard for qwerty's now..

Last edited: