The "New" New Phone Rumor Mill

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Well if the new snapdragon is what it appears the first device that is on the receiving end of this 2.5 ghz (up to 4 cores) CPU will truly be the first superphone, rumors have the first android devices running the new snapdragon will be available early as January....but I assume it will be a tablet.

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well if the new snapdragon is what it appears the first device that is on the receiving end of this 2.5 ghz (up to 4 cores) CPU will truly be the first superphone, rumors have the first android devices running the new snapdragon will be available early as January....but I assume it will be a tablet.

And here I am holding out the "super phone badge" for those Octa-core phones that are around the corner... that or the one that just integrates straight into our brain stem and allows us to communicate via our mind!

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
As long as they can keep them cool and decent battery life I'm looking forward to 4+ processors. I'm holding out on updating my D2 for something maybe quad/octa-core :) I love my D2 and can't bring myself to part with it haha. Plus the challanges brought on by the super phones should be fun. Its gonna be something I'm tuned in on for sure

Sent from my Liberated D2

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Battery life is where development has stood still for much too long. I assume a quad-core device should have better battery life than previous iterations of the same architecture...but where is my battery that can charge from cellular radiation or some other long distance wireless method?

Note to manufacturers: We would like to make it through a full day of heavy use without worry about carrying a charger around. (superphone badge or no)

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Amen. There has to be better battery technology besides lithium ion batteries. Military or Darpa Technologies has devoloped something that is worth while

Sent from my Liberated D2

patriot95

Reaction score
Note to manufacturers: We would like to make it through a full day of heavy use without worry about carrying a charger around. (superphone badge or no)

They just don't get it. There should be a LOT more development dollars going into batteries. Making them more efficient and flexible. I too can't wait for the day when I can get through an entire day of heavy use.

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If the matrix can run off of human's as batteries, why can't my phone??

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
If the matrix can run off of human's as batteries, why can't my phone??

Now would it be like an osmosis thing or would we have to be tethered to the phone/device? Or are we talking like straight up storing human batteries in those sweet holding tanks lol.

I could not agree more with prime though, it seems everything else gets better where battery stays still or gets worse.

roach

Reaction score
Samsung Droid Prime/Nexus Prime/Galaxy Nexus

Rumored Specs:
Two different model numbers indicating two possible variants (possibly for carriers): GT-I9250/SCH-i515
November Release
Samsung Device
ICS at Launch
Super AMOLED HD 720x1280 4.5" Screen
Majority say its Coming to all major carriers/Some think Verizon will never have a pure Google phone
"GT-I9250 (W48) Android Ice Cream Sandwich, 4.65-inch 1280×720 Super AMOLED display, 5MP camera."
4.65" screen
metal chassis
curved screen (a la Nexus S)

Related Links:
============================================================================================
the smartphone’s predecessors, the Nexus One and Nexus S, were distributed by AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint, Verizon did not sell the handsets. However, a new report claims the nation’s largest network will be getting the Nexus Prime.
Google Nexus Prime Set for October Launch

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
============================================================================================
the smartphone’s predecessors, the Nexus One and Nexus S, were distributed by AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint, Verizon did not sell the handsets. However, a new report claims the nation’s largest network will be getting the Nexus Prime.
Google Nexus Prime Set for October Launch

Correct... note that the source of that article is BGR, which is listed in the "related links" and also, the part before what you highlighted in my post that said "Majority say its Coming to all major carriers" I have both listed because both are rumors right now. I don't pick and choose which rumors I post or only post the one's I believe, I post everything that I come across or that is posted here until it is disproven with something official.

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

I said this over in the Vigor SF:

Something about calling a higher resolution screen "more powerful" just doesn't seem right to me

But the more I think about it: someone that would fake a doc like this would probably know that... this seems more like a mistake a non-techie PR person who was told to hype up a product would make
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
GAH!:r_c: ... I'm so torn... =P This is what you get for reading phone rumors. :D I've been waiting since the first release time to get the bionic. Now I'm not sure whether to just get the Bionic now from Costco (with the 30 day return policy) or just plain wait... I really like the Vigor, and I'll probably eventually be going with that when it comes,,, oh but then there's the prime. xD Do y'all think I should go with the Bionic now and return later for prime or vigor or just wait? =P I figure I have an upgrade I might as well use it! =)