The Motorola Droid Bionic will be delayed again

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The Motorola Droid Bionic will be delayed again

The Droid Bionic is one of the most anticipated phones, but I am starting to wonder if it will live up to the hype. We have been expecting it to launch on August 4, but according to a Sam’s Club document, it will be in September.
Nothing is confirmed, but I am not expecting it to land on August 4th because I it is likely Verizon and Motorola will hold a major press event to announce the phone, which is likely to be at least 2 weeks before the release. Right now there is nothing scheduled.
I also expect them to launch a major Twitter campaign like they have done with most of the top Droid phones. This will be the biggest Droid release to date so we should expect the same. Even if they don’t do a press event, they will at least run the Twitter campaign, and until that begins, there is no need to start lining up at your nearest Verizon store. The Droid Charge campaign started 8 days before the launch so we need to see something by this Wednesday. I know a lot of people want to believe the August 4 date, especially since some accessories were leaked at Amazon, but I am not holding my breath.
Also to note, the LG Thrill is showing as late July, but we reported earlier that all signs point to August 7, and the Samsung Conquer was originally expected to launch yesterday, but it has been pushed to August. The Motorola Photon seems to still be on track for July 31, which was officially announced by Sprint.
[via androidcentral]

SOURCE: ANDROIDCENTRAL/PHANDROID/TWITTER

anuraj1

Reaction score
Interestingly, the FCC filing comes out of confidentiality on Aug 7th, so why would they sell it a month after every little detail is already known including detailed pictures? I'm still banking on an early August release.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Sam's Club doesn't always get phones right when they launch, especially phones that are considered major releases. The fact that they don't expect until September doesn't say anything about the Verizon release date. Verizon would very likely want to have as much stock as possible from the outset for themselves. So, this really means a lot of nothing for an actual Verizon release date.

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Sam's Club doesn't always get phones right when they launch, especially phones that are considered major releases. The fact that they don't expect until September doesn't say anything about the Verizon release date. Verizon would very likely want to have as much stock as possible from the outset for themselves. So, this really means a lot of nothing for an actual Verizon release date.

Agreed I was just sharing bro