[Rumor] Droid Bionic Delayed to September at Sam's Club; Twitter Still Suggests Aug 4

cirtbrethren

Reaction score
Does the touch screen part of the screen work? Mine did that about a month ago. Screen wouldn't turn on (no visual), but I could still complete the onscreen unlock pattern, press the on screen camera button, etc. I messed with it for a day or two, countless battery pulls, etc. I was about to do a hard reset, but that requires navigating an onscreen menu (which I couldn't do without previously memorizing where everything was). I had already taken the SD card out to do the hard reset, and decided to just try powering on without the SD card. Magically, it worked. Screen came on, everything worked. I powered off, put the SD card back in, powered on, and it still worked.

Man you had my hopes up. That is what happened, no screen, but the touch screen still works. I've tried banging it on the ground, and I just tried what you told me, but it still doesn't work. Maybe I'll try banging it again, it had stopped working after a nasty fall, so I'm guessing the video connector became loose.

Ohyea!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Have you tried asking family and friends if they have a Verizon phone laying around that you can use for a while?

cirtbrethren

Reaction score
Have you tried asking family and friends if they have a Verizon phone laying around that you can use for a while?

Actually we have two Verizon phones here, but they are not smartphones, and activating them on my account would remove the unlimited data plan, and I would never get it back.

What I did was I bought an iPhone to play around with for the 14 days, and then I'll take it back. It's fun so far, but I think I like the hackability of Android better. Jailbreaking the iphone right now....

ConqSoft

Reaction score
If you have the spare credit card space, buy a phone at full retail price from Best Buy to use for a while. 30 day return policy (45 if you're Reward Zone Silver level).

cirtbrethren

Reaction score
If you have the spare credit card space, buy a phone at full retail price from Best Buy to use for a while. 30 day return policy (45 if you're Reward Zone Silver level).

Wow I wish I would have known that earlier, oh well, when the 14 days is up, I'll take it back to Verizon and go to Best Buy. Thanks for the tip!

RACEME

Reaction score

Wow I wish I would have known that earlier, oh well, when the 14 days is up, I'll take it back to Verizon and go to Best Buy. Thanks for the tip!

I am in the same boat. My D1 has a shattered screen, so I picked up a Devour on craigslist for $50 to get me by until this darn Bionic comes out!